**** FINISHED: GB-42 1:72 Dornier Do-24T - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
User name: Bustedwing.
First name: Graham.
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Italeri Dornier Do24T
Scale: 1:72
Add ons: Some scratch building and PE belts

Well down to the crunch but this bad boy is getting signed off on. A great kit that rapidly turned into a bit of a horror show, a lot of it due to my lapse in working on it and going into a bit of " rush" mode. Some of it due to no locating holes for the wing struts and crappy decals. The underside "K" disintegrated while trying to place it so I ended up painting it on. One of the wing struts was too short and I had to lengthen it. Wing tip to ground one side was 6mm, other side 8mm. Took a bit of work to get that sorted out but all in all I'm happy with it. Not for the queasy though !

Do-24T (58)r.jpg

Do-24T (59)r.jpg

Do-24T (60)r.jpg

Do-24T (61)r.jpg

Do-24T (62)2.jpg

Do-24T (64)r.jpg

Do-24T (66)r.jpg

Do-24T (73)r.jpg
Do-24T (67)r.jpg

Thanks all. It really is a nice kit. A lot of the problems I ran into with it were my own fault. It kind of wound up on the back burner, I don't spend a lot of time on models over the summer. Then when I realized the deadline was as close as it was I kind of went into panic mode and started rushing things which is usually a recipe for brain pain !

Same here Graham. Though it worked well here, please don't rush a build to make a GB deadline. We do usually extend the deadline when needed, though generally not more than 2 or 3 weeks. I try to post a warning 1 to 2 weeks before the end to allow everyone to either finish up, say "screw it", or ask for an extension. The prize money sucks and is not worth ruining a nice build.

Many GB's aren't long enough for my style either and I've left several builds half done, especially the summer ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back