**** FINISHED: GB-45 1/48 Hurricane Mk.I - BoB/Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Username : Wayne Little
First name : Wayne
Category : Judge – Non competing
Scale : 1/48
Manufacturer / Model : AIRFIX
Extras : Eduard Cockpit Set and Canopy masks.

HC-452, Hurricane Mk.I N2394 flown by the Finnish Air force as Black 2
Of 2/ Lentolaivue 26 at Malmi airfield in March 1943 just after being Repaired and Repainted in the Finnish Warpaint Camo of Olive Green and Black.
1_Finished_5628.jpg
2_Finished_5644.jpg
3_Finished_5616.jpg
4_Finished_5617.jpg
5_Finished_5621.jpg
6_Finished_5620.jpg

Thanks, a good question....well they purchased Hurricanes from the UK, Buffaloes from the US, Fokkers from the Dutch, Fiats from the Italians, Bf109's from the Germans....all kinds from all over the place to fight the Russians....so one could say they were on their own side using whatever means were necessary to fight their invading enemy...????

Just been doing a bit of googling. Fascinating. The Finnish AF uses the seastika in certain contexts even today. I would have thought it complete anathema.

Thanks, a good question....well they purchased Hurricanes from the UK, Buffaloes from the US, Fokkers from the Dutch, Fiats from the Italians, Bf109's from the Germans....all kinds from all over the place to fight the Russians....so one could say they were on their own side using whatever means were necessary to fight their invading enemy...????
Also planes from france, soviets, swedish czech and even home grown types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back