***** FINISHED: Mig-15bis of Kapitan Semyon Fedorets

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plheure2

Senior Airman
Nov 9, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
Greetings, gents:

I finished this bird at the start of summer this year. It is the new-tooled Airfix kit in 1:72 scale, enhanced by the addition of Eduard pre-painted Zoom sets, which really set off the cockpit interior nicely, as well as the landing gear bays and the airbrake door interiors. Red 16 is reportedly the last Mig-15bis that Fedorets flew in the Korean War, scoring a total of six victories. Hope you enjoy the pictures, and as per usual, all comments, positive or negative, are welcome. It is how I learn....

IMG_4869.JPG

IMG_4870.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

IMG_4876.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks great, excellent job :)

Thanks, gents, for all the kind words! To Airframes: I posted the pics and comments about the two builds in "The Cold War Projects", because I couldn't think of a more appropriate place for them, even though I know that the deadline for participation has long come and gone!

Next up: My build of the 1:72 Azur Breguet 396, which has so far proved to be quite a challenge, testing my patience in many ways, but I am hanging in there! Many thanks to Wojtek for steering me straight as per the correct interior colors! Hope to post pictures of the finished product sometime next month.... stay tuned!! :D

Great build .... pretty jet, the Mig 15. I never think of Korean Migs in camo - just polished aluminum - the way the movies and comics of the time displayed them .. :)

I made the original Airfix Mig 15 kit in the '50s - when it came in a plastic bag and cost CDN$0.99 .... I painted it all Testor silver. Looked lovely but showed finger prints real bad ... :)

MM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back