Flight Attendant goes crazy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

On the contrary, I think it takes a lot to stand up and give back the crap you get in day-to-day life. Like his colleague said, they all dream about doing it, but this guy was the only one to actually do it. I don't know whether he thought about his mortgage, potential jail time etc before he did it. He probably didn't and just let all the rage come out.

I don't want to get into a pointless forum debate over whether he was right or wrong, but I do find it very funny and fair play to the guy for doing something most of us (myself included) have only ever dreamed of when we are in a very dark place...

+1

i grew up in a family business, had a couple others, and including my present job i have had to face to face with the "public" for most of my years. only for a couple years where i worked for the airline scheduling the maintenance on aircraft was i out of that line of fire. that is how i know how much of a real cluster F this jabroonie started. 2 things. 1) if i ever lose my cool....and i have gotten pretty damn close. i will take it out on the source of my iritation....not make others suffer for my stress relief. and if i am going to jail...i will make it worth my time! 2) this joker ( the FA) is covered by federal law! ALL he had to do was report it to the pilot...the cops would have met the plane at the gate and taken the unruly passenger off in cuffs....i have seen it happen. that would have been justified and a more fitting conclusion....but not as news worthy.

No doubt he messed up a lot of people's day, and I don't think that was really such a bad thing. Here's why...

I recently read an article online that really made me stop and think. When the passengers on this flight bought their tickets, they paid for a seat, some food, some fuel and a shareholder's dividend. They also paid for an 'experience'; a certain level of treatment, assistance and deference, to be provided by the airline's employees. In effect, they bought a little bit of this FA and his colleagues. When the expectation was not met, one of the passengers became abusive toward the FA. Why not? After all, they literally owned this guy, and in their mind, he was paid to take that kind of abuse because the customer's expectation was not being met.

All he did was remind them that they are wrong. Part of the reason I do not, and would not work in a public-facing role is because I have no desire to be treated like crap by people just because they have given an amount money to my employer. Money can never be an excuse to treat someone without respect and civility. Just because this passenger gave a few hundred bucks to jetBlue doesn't mean she has the right to be s**tty to another human being. I would love to know how things would have panned out if the boot had been on the other foot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back