Flight questions

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MacArther

Staff Sergeant
Sep 19, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.edge-gamers.com
I played the game at a friends house, pending the buying of my own copy. I believe he has an un-modded, non-updated IL-2 game. The problems were A) By the time I reached an enemy to fire on them, they were flying away, I never got as close as some of the pictures you guys have. B) There was no reticule like in Secret Weapons Over Normandy (unless I missed it) in the chase view.

First of all, ur friends a meatball for not updating the game, as there are many bug fixes and new aircraft added as the patches follow on....

Secondly, as far as the enemies thing goes, if u push the A key it turns on the autopilot, which will basically steer u to the enemy aircraft....

Thirdly, for the reticle, if u press ctrl/F1 at the same time, ur view changes... Pressing it multiple times will continue the view until u get to the reticle...

MacArther said:
A) By the time I reached an enemy to fire on them, they were flying away, I never got as close as some of the pictures you guys have. B) There was no reticule like in Secret Weapons Over Normandy (unless I missed it) in the chase view.
I don't understand, when you reach an enemy, and they are flying away from you, it obviously means that you are going too slow
secondly, the crosshair is only available in cockpit mode, Luftwaffe planes appear to have only one line as a crosshair, to remedy that, just press shift+f1 to turn the crosshair on, if u don't like seeing the cockpit, just the crosshair, press ctrl+f1

gunnery can be a little trickier in this game, try seeing Aerial gunnery training in the training ection (unlike other conventional crap FS, this one is a video)

no offense on the game but flight sims shouldn't be dumbed down to a console with a gamepad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back