Fly 1:72 scale Henschel Hs123

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Great little kit and a perfect diversion from the never ending Arado I seem to be working on for the last half of my life. The kit comes with photo etched parts and resin parts and enough parts and decals to make 4 different versions. There were a few problems with it though. Lots of flash so lots of trimming and sanding. No locator pins and the instructions are very vague. Definitely test fit everything before you hit the glue ! Cockpit detail is amazing for such a small kit but if you assemble it according to the instructions it won't fit. The only real problems I ran into apart from cleaning up the parts was the struts from the fuselage to the wing and the wheel spats. If you place the outer wing struts in the correct place the fuselage struts are too short so I had to make new ones. The wheel spats the opening for the wheels is far too narrow and the wheels don't fit. I ended up hogging a lot of plastic out of them to get the wheels to fit. The only thing I added not in the kit was the wire bracing for the fuselage struts and drop tank. I used guitar string for that. All in all though a great kit and a fun build !
2r.jpg
6r.jpg
10r.jpg
12r.jpg
19r.jpg
20r.jpg
21r.jpg
24r.jpg

Great job mate! I started a different boxing of that kit for the current GB, held up at moment.
Cheers for the heads up with the fit of parts, etc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back