Fly! or else Post Your Models 2!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Uranium is pretty good, I think you can get a good deal over in Russia.

the lancaster kicks *** said:
have you not heard of doing that before? didn't it advice you to in the plans?
Sadly no. It didnt say when I was making model. Revell didnt do a good job with the P-38J kit. But the P-51D kit im doing now is very detailed and helpful!

i find the quality of their larger models suck!

oh and P-38, this time don't forget the weight in the nose of the P-51 :evil4:

a nose full of Polonium would do more good than a nose full of Lead...

no, it wouldn't ;) let's see here...

in order to keep the nose down we want the biggest mass as possible in what is the fixed volume of the nose of the P-38 correct? the formula that links volume and mass is that for density:

mass= volume x density

and we want mass to be as high as possible, correct?

well in this case volume, that being the volume of the nose of the model P-38, is effectively an unknown constant, and as such, we shall, for the purpose of our argument, call the volume 1cm^3

so what mass would be offered by polonium, with it's density of 9.4g/cm^3

1 x 9.4= 9.4g

and the mass offered by lead, density of 11.37g/cm^3

1 x 11.37= 11.37g

and whatever the volume the mass offered by polonium and lead will always be in the ratio 9.4:11.37

this we can conclude that, for the fixed volume that is the model P-38's nose, the denser the meterial used as balast, the greater the mass that can be acheived, and lead is more dense than polonium...........

nerd.gif

i find the quality of their larger models suck!

oh and P-38, this time don't forget the weight in the nose of the P-51 :evil4:

no, it wouldn't ;) let's see here...

in order to keep the nose down we want the biggest mass as possible in what is the fixed volume of the nose of the P-38 correct? the formula that links volume and mass is that for density:

mass= volume x density

and we want mass to be as high as possible, correct?

well in this case volume, that being the volume of the nose of the model P-38, is effectively an unknown constant, and as such, we shall, for the purpose of our argument, call the volume 1cm^3

so what mass would be offered by polonium, with it's density of 9.4g/cm^3

1 x 9.4= 9.4g

and the mass offered by lead, density of 11.37g/cm^3

1 x 11.37= 11.37g

and whatever the volume the mass offered by polonium and lead will always be in the ratio 9.4:11.37

this we can conclude that, for the fixed volume that is the model P-38's nose, the denser the meterial used as balast, the greater the mass that can be acheived, and lead is more dense than polonium...........
Yeah but if you put lead up your nose it isn't going to do you any good (might make you go mad) whereas with Polonium being radioactive it will only give you radiation sickness...

here's an idea, as hard as i know it'll be for P-38, don't stick it up your nose :lol:
Will do!:thumbleft:

I dont think I'll need any lead in the P-51's nose. Its one of those fighters that has a back wheel. But if ever get an aircraft with a landing system like the P-38, B-29, etc. Ill definitely remember to use lead.

hey don't have a go at him looma that was damn funny, funnier than anything you've every said so lay off ;)

and no P-38, it's little known i know but for tail draggers you actually need more weight in the nose than those with nose wheels :rolleyes:

P38 Pilot said:
By the way, how is that Yak-23 going Pisis?
Just downloaded cockpit pictures that Wurger sent me... At the same time, I'm building also

2x 1/72 P-47D
a 1/72 Spitfire Mk.Vb
a 1/144 Sabre
a 1/144 A-321
a 1/72 Blenheim Nighfighter
...I'm refurbishing a 1/72 Ju 88 (an old one that a pisted a pic of here (it's been long time ago, see the beginning of Post Your Models 1) and I'm going to give it new winter coat, hehe...)

and yesterday I bought another kit, a 1/72 prewar Czechoslovak floatplane Letov Š-328 "Šmolík"
kps328.jpg

I finished in one of my occupations, so I'll have - except for some minor business - the whole August free, so I supposse I'll do some more work then in July... 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back