Flying Legends anyone ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
This year's 'Flying Legends' airshow takes place at Duxford in four weeks' time, on 13th and 14th July.
Anyone going (apart from, I guess, Gary) ?
Karl and I will be at the Sunday show, as usual, and having a 'barbie' on our campsite Sunday evening, if anyone is interested.

Sorry for the late response, but no problem Marcel and Andy. Next year would be good, as I've invited Wojtek over, if his health allows it.
Just about ready for the weekend, with cameras checked and packed, beer ordered, and food in the hands of Le Chef.
Got the van back, serviced and the cosmetic work all done, and will load up on Friday night, ready to depart south on Saturday.
Strangely, the flying list does not include any Hurricanes this year, but Gary (Geedee) has informed me that there were seven airborne at Old Warden last weekend, and hopefully they'll be at DX, along with fifteen Spitfires, five Buchons, three Mustangs and a host of other stuff, including four 'Daks'.
The weather is looking good, so it should be another great show.

Of interest, one of those Buchons will be flying courtesy of a spare Merlin pitch control shaft that our Calgary Mosquito Society sent the ARC in exchange for their help with our Hurricane restoration.

Jo-Anne and I are in the early stages of planning a trip to Europe next summer and hopefully we can incorporate a trip to Legends next year as part of that.

Have a good show Terry and hope the weather cooperates.

Will be great to see you again Sander.

Food prep will be done friday, new bbq is tested and running fine.
Just got to get through three and a half days at work first before travelling to Cambridge to meet Dogsbody at our usual campsite for beers, fine food and the sound of many large aircraft engines !

Hopefully, pics will be plentiful.
Karl, try to get some of those big frankfurter thingies you had last year - yummy!!
Great to know you'll be there again Sander - just you, or both of you, and are you coming to the barbie on Sunday night ?
I'll e-mail you when my head is clearer - got an awful bl**dy head cold at the moment !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back