Flying Legends Duxford 2008

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I sure hope that is the definitive list Seesul ( we will have to check the Duxford web site list next week on Wednesday) you will get to see three B17's and I get to see my all time favorite The Swordfish in the air last.
7 times I've been to airshows when the stringbag was due to make an appearance and they had technical problems everytime.

I cannot get to the show but hope to go to Duxford over this weekend for a look around. If your lucky they sometimes practice their displays in the days before the actual show, anyway we will see but the weather forcast isn't that good at the moment.

I cannot get to the show but hope to go to Duxford over this weekend for a look around. If your lucky they sometimes practice their displays in the days before the actual show, anyway we will see but the weather forcast isn't that good at the moment.

When you go Glider could you look in on Sally B please as there is no info as to if the engine replacment has been completed I suspect that she may not be airworthy in time for FL but an update on her web site has not been done for a while.
thanks Lee

Hi there,

Just to say to the person thinking of attending this year's 'Flying Legends' air display at Duxford, it's probably the best show you can go to. I went to last year's show and it's fantastic. I uploaded a lot of photos if you want to see what it was like:

Duxford Flying Legends 2007

It really is great value for money.

John

There is a replica FW190 Roman that is being completed, last year it was doing taxi runs but It is not listed in The fighter collection (another group I am a supporter of) The Fighter Collection -
Much of the work done at Duxford is for external clients and once completed the aircraft are shipped out so there is a contant turn over of various planes in the hangers.

There is a replica FW190 Roman that is being completed, last year it was doing taxi runs but It is not listed in The fighter collection (another group I am a supporter of) The Fighter Collection -
Much of the work done at Duxford is for external clients and once completed the aircraft are shipped out so there is a contant turn over of various planes in the hangers.

Great,
thank you Lee!

Well guys I have just come back and I am afraid the Sally B is looking more than a little sad right now. Its in the open minus an engine and there wasn't any activity that I could see. My hope were briefly raised when I saw someone working on a R1820, but when I talked to him it was an engine for ground running only and not destined for any aircraft.

They may fit one, get it tested, and practice their display before the airshow but it must be considered unlikely.

Re the 190 I didn't see one but they did have an immaculate BMW 801 which I hadn't seen before. Another aircraft that I hadn't seen before which is being worked on is a CR42 which would make a nice display with the Gladiator.

Well guys I have just come back and I am afraid the Sally B is looking more than a little sad right now. Its in the open minus an engine and there wasn't any activity that I could see. My hope were briefly raised when I saw someone working on a R1820, but when I talked to him it was an engine for ground running only and not destined for any aircraft.

They may fit one, get it tested, and practice their display before the airshow but it must be considered unlikely.

Re the 190 I didn't see one but they did have an immaculate BMW 801 which I hadn't seen before. Another aircraft that I hadn't seen before which is being worked on is a CR42 which would make a nice display with the Gladiator.

Thank you mate!

Roman

it really is too bad the show chaps cannot get in with the guys from Germansy Flugzeug to get their Fw 190A and Me 262A to come join the fun in the UK this year. It would be a wonderful, prime opportunity to have both countries work side by side presenting one of the all time fav air shows in the world

E maybe some year I will get time off across the big lake to view at my leisure ~

The two photos

Attachments

• B17 Duxford 5th July 2008.jpg
    B17 Duxford 5th July 2008.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 109
  • BMW 801 Duxford 080704.jpg
    BMW 801 Duxford 080704.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 76
Roman

it really is too bad the show chaps cannot get in with the guys from Germansy Flugzeug to get their Fw 190A and Me 262A to come join the fun in the UK this year. It would be a wonderful, prime opportunity to have both countries work side by side presenting one of the all time fav air shows in the world

E maybe some year I will get time off across the big lake to view at my leisure ~

I was thinking that maybe 2009 would be a good year for me to take a trip over to visit a few of my British Isle Brothers at Duxford, so I cant wait to see some of the pics comin outta this one...

No problem, I´ll take a look at German museums where they have their birds and visit them one day...
Anyway B-17,Mustang,Spit and some Cats in Duxford are more than enough for me for the first time...
Les and Erich, hope you don´t think only England is Europe in your future plans...there´s also small country called Czech Republic...
8) just to close the thread ''The best beer in the world'':twisted: :lol:

Wow, I haven't had a British beer in Cambridge in over 20 years. I would love to get out to see FL, as well as a few other shows across the pond, like RIAT and the Paris Air Show. I need more photo sales...

:)
I´ve been planning this trip for more than 5 years...I almost gave it up this year as well but friend of mine told me now or never...so now...
We made a renewing of our apartment this year so not so much spare money available but I gotta thank my wife for her support and understanding...
Simona, I love you:love2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back