Focke Wulf 190 crash

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes they are out of the Ersatzteilliste.

You have a picture of the intake valve and part of the head. Did you find the rocker box housing or cover?

All the best,

Crumpp

Yes Erich, we located an american 4 engined bomber crashplace about 5 miles away from that FW crashplace. We haven't find out if it was a B17 or B24 yet but we don't know the date of the crash either.

About the engine we found nothing else than the part of the "Lüfterrad" and the intake valve and part of the head piece.

We found that part of the belt. Wonder if it was the piece that fitted the belt to the seat or one of the 4 pieces in the middle of the pilot.

Kurtl

Attachments

• Gurtbefestigung.JPG
    Gurtbefestigung.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 164
Here are some new parts recently found. Look at the FL-numbers! Does somewhere have a list with these parts? The last picture shows the remains of the armament of the aircraft. - Kurtl

Attachments

• ELEKTRIK mit Beschriftungen.jpg
    ELEKTRIK mit Beschriftungen.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Elektrik H.JPG
    Elektrik H.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 157
  • MECHANIK mit Beschriftungen.jpg
    MECHANIK mit Beschriftungen.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Mechanik H.JPG
    Mechanik H.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Bordwaffen mit Beschriftung.jpg
    Bordwaffen mit Beschriftung.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 157
Kurtl in your privet was the # 190... the werke nummer ? if so this relates to a Fw 190G-8 which II.Sturm/JG 300 had a few. I can not find this particular one in thier data base though but not all Fw 190's are accounted for in the losses roster

Erich, are you serious that "190.511" could be the Werknummer of the aircraft? Thought it is just a part number or something like that. I don't know what kind of number that is.
Think you meant FW 190 A-8 of II./JG 300, right? Or was there any G-models of a FW 190?

Kurtl

Kurtl the more I think about it yes it is probably a part number, I was looking through the JG 300 data I have and there are two G-8 losses and it just shows it was a rarity in II/JG 300 Fw gruppe. but I do think you have parts due to the 3cm shell that you have a SturmFw unearthed. I need to do another re-search in the data as to where and what possible date of downing. Again there are many Fw 190A losses but nothing known so let's hope for the best in this case.

Again are the bottom of the 2cm and 3cm shell casings so bad you cannot find any numbers ?

E ~

Here is the part with the number. "190511" and "12" readable.

@ Erich: We found some more 2 cm shells but have not found any numbers yet.

Kurtl

Attachments

• 190511 12.JPG
    190511 12.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 147
  • Motorpanzerung.JPG
    Motorpanzerung.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 135
yes just parts numbers only NOT werke nummers. let me know if you find any markings on future 2cm and 3cm shells, you may find much more, so far quite a bit in my opinion. Kurtl is the Fw 190A found on a hillside or in flat grassy ground ?

E ~ you and your team are doing a wonderful work there

Erich thanks for the plaudit!

Could have a look on a Focke Wulf 190 spare part manual. It was for sale for 500 Euro, I didn't buy it. Couldn't find a drawing of the "Motorpanzerung" (engine armor) but found a part of the 190.511.XXXX spare part number group. Surprisingly they are all for special screws, bearings and little mountings on the wing. I'm not convinced anymore that "190511" is a part number.

Erich, you first brought up that it could also be a Werknumber. You mentioned JG 300. Do you have further details on that? Think "190" also stands for a manufacturer. They also had little codes on their parts like "qyq" or "erla", am I right? I found such codes on this crashplace and maybe they fit to "190". You understand what I am saying?

Kurtl

I can look some of them up tommorrow. Right off the bat I recognize several of them. You have the part of the oil cooler ring and an access hatch locking mechanism.

All the best,

Crumpp

@ Crumpp: Thanks, I'm most interested in the part of the oil cooler ring or "Panzerring", whatever it is, and the numbers on it ("190511" and "12").

@ all: found some stampings on the shells. Here are the pictures:

Kurtl

Attachments

• Bodenstempelung 2 cm und 3 cm Hülse.jpg
    Bodenstempelung 2 cm und 3 cm Hülse.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Kopf mit Beschriftung.jpg
    Kopf mit Beschriftung.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 153
("190511" and "12").

Still working on this. These numbers are proving to be a small mystery and do not correspond to any Panzerung available for the normal variants.

All the best,

Crumpp

Kurtl once I find my ammo book I will be able to help you further on the stampings, very nice actually. of course the 2cm with the 1943 is the manufacture/ 44 is also the manufacture date.

I have to ask are those the original primers in the bottom of the shell casings as they should of been blown out in the crash !

E ~

The primers seen in the picture are the original ones. Think that trees decelerated the plane before the impact on the ground. According eyewitness there was never a fire (a big at least). So there was a chance for the primers to stay intact.

@ Crumpp: Can you explain what you think about these numbers more clear? Thanks - Kurtl

but the explosive head is missing correct for those three 2cm rounds ?

E ~ and for the stmps on the 2cm casing. htq is the Factory code and the 30d is the lot number

Thanks for the info Erich. And yes, the explosive head is missing on those 2 cm shells. Kurtl

Hi Krutl,

I am traveling on business at the moment so I can devote more time to solving this when I get back.

The part numbers do not line up. Those numbers "190511" and "190512" are for parts of the wing not the Panzerung.

Now I have multiple Ersateilliste's so I am not out of resources to check and I have available the numbers for the R7/R8 kits.

All the best,

Crumpp

Kurtl your stampings on shells mean:
3 cm shell - manufacturer: Polte, Poltestr und Fichtestr. Werk Magdeburg (aux), Sachsen-Anhalt, production date: 1944 (44), lot number (98 )
2 cm shell - manufacturer: Gebr. Junghans AG, Schwenningen (htq), production date: 1943 (43), lot number (30d)

thanks to net_sailor for the identification.

Here are some new parts that cought my interest when I found them in the woods. One the first one there is something like flyweights that move when the rpm gets more or less. Could have something to do with the probeller?

The second part has some rubber on it. Maybe something from the fuel tank. The little batch on it sais something like "Hersteller Aero ....." and there is a number "8-4003 A" or something similar like that.

Any suggestions what it is?

Kurtl

Attachments

• P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 120
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 115
  • P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 122