Focke Wulf Fw190

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Droptank

1696328972858.jpeg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tarn Stellung vor Einsatz Kennung Benzin

1699654682764.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Well that is what is written on the back. I pictured a soviet winter a bit more snowy and icey but there you go.:p

I was sure that's not your mistake but the confusing description. The weather in the October at the Ukraina and Belarus is rather rainy. In the mid of the October the "распу́тица" time is started causing a lot of mud and muddy ground all around. Then hit the frost. Here in the pic it is a sunny and dry day with the blooming flowers and grass than can be noticed. So there is a long way to the Winter there.

Well that is what is written on the back. I pictured a soviet winter a bit more snowy and icey but there you go.:p

IMHO I have found it. The pic was taken in June 1944 not in Russia but in Romania. However I still having doubt about the location. Both Wurgers ( posts 652 and 653 ) seem to be of the F-2/F-3 variant or the A-5/U with the anti-dust filters mounted. The one with the odd looking marking ( <A) isn't strange actually. The marking means a kite belonged to the Stab of an Schlachtgeschwader.

IMHO I have found it. The pic was taken in June 1944 not in Russia but in Romania. However I still having doubt about the location. Both Wurgers ( posts 652 and 653 ) seem to be of the F-2/F-3 variant or the A-5/U with the anti-dust filters mounted. The one with the odd looking marking ( <A) isn't strange actually. The marking means a kite belonged to the Stab of an Schlachtgeschwader.
Hehehe... you always amaze me . Thanks Wurger.
I have not seen the marking as such before. Well.. Learning all the time.
I like that.

All fonts of the letter next < are different. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back