For Gixxerman

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Readie

Chief Master Sergeant
Apr 15, 2011
Plymouth, England
786.jpg
badger2.jpg
badgers.jpg
1977_GT380_blue_250.jpg

Marc, at last !
Cheers
John

Thanks for this John, nice bikes.
A pal of mine had a CBR6 a while back, an earlier one to yours, an FK I think, yours is years on from that (an FS?) very very impressive bikes.

The funny thing I find is that as much as I derided the cruiser style option for the sports type bike in my youth they don't half seem a nicer option now.
My Gsxr11 has gone through the Gilles bars (then with 60mm risier finally 100mm riser) and I am now on a Renthall conversion (and sadly to the highest they go). The pegs have also been dropped and set a little further forward.......oh and not forgetting the gel seat insert.
Turning my sports bike into a cruiser was not in the plan but my back just can't take the 'head down bum up bars down by the front axle' posture any more.
.....and the 11 is the slighty less radical one, the 750 was worse.
100mls and I had to stop it was agony (and yes I once did the Belfast to Stranraer to London ride, back in 2000 and it rained - heavily - on most of the return journey.....I remember that trip well as I got stranded over in London during the fuel strikes).
Manoman that was one horrible days riding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back