Foto Fest 2017 Mk. III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am home from Oshkosh boys so the post can now continue.

4K5A3929.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Great stuff Jeff. Unusual that a MkIX Spit has the early IFF wires running from the tail planes to the fuselage - it would normally have been a dipole antenna beneath the starboard wing.

Great stuff Jeff. Unusual that a MkIX Spit has the early IFF wires running from the tail planes to the fuselage - it would normally have been a dipole antenna beneath the starboard wing.
I thought the same thing Terry but was never around the aircraft when a crew member was to ask. Having said that I can't believe they would do an in depth restoration and make a major error like that.

Jeff

It's possible - the lead-in 'buttons' for the wires were still fitted to the Mk.IX, being a 'standard' fitting on earlier airframes, so perhaps they thought the wires should be attached ?
I admit I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the Mk.IX saw service with the earlier IFF, but it's always a possibility.

IMG_1208.JPG

This is this year's Grand Champion Homebuilt aircraft from Oshkosh and I am proud to say it is owned by a friend of mine and flown from my local airport here in Guelph. It took Bruce 12.5 years to build and is much better looking in person than can possibly be shown in a photo.

I am off in about a half hour for my annual fishing trip to me brother's place so I will not be posting until after my return which is scheduled for late next Sunday afternoon or early evening. Have a great week everybody and play nice here in the sandbox while I am away.

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back