Any information on this? I have not seen Fw 190 spinning and spin recovery characteristics discussed in any book. Neither does any Fw 190 docs reproduced on www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org discuss it.
Any information on this? I have not seen Fw 190 spinning and spin recovery characteristics discussed in any book. Neither does any Fw 190 docs reproduced on www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org discuss it.
I have read that due to the construction of the Fw 190 wing, "power on" stall characteristics could lead to a vicious stall, spin and tumble. But this involves discussion of things like "spanwise lift distribution" that are way above my pay grade. From memory the wing had around 2% washout but there was a section that had no washout at all.
I have read that due to the construction of the Fw 190 wing, "power on" stall characteristics could lead to a vicious stall, spin and tumble. But this involves discussion of things like "spanwise lift distribution" that are way above my pay grade. From memory the wing had around 2% washout but there was a section that had no washout at all.
I have read that due to the construction of the Fw 190 wing, "power on" stall characteristics could lead to a vicious stall, spin and tumble. But this involves discussion of things like "spanwise lift distribution" that are way above my pay grade. From memory the wing had around 2% washout but there was a section that had no washout at all.
That's easy for you to say, don't ask me what it means in terms of span wise lift distribution though. 95% of my knowledge on this is contained in the attached document, which I can follow but couldnt argue for or against without it in front of me. For example much of the "twist" in the wing must be in the prop wash region. http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/mustang/Lednicer_Fighter_Aerodynamics.pdf
That's easy for you to say, don't ask me what it means in terms of span wise lift distribution though. 95% of my knowledge on this is contained in the attached document, which I can follow but couldnt argue for or against without it in front of me. For example much of the "twist" in the wing must be in the prop wash region. http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/mustang/Lednicer_Fighter_Aerodynamics.pdf
The drag area immersed in the prop vortex is essentially the diameter of the prop. The upwash wing will tend to stall out first.The washout of the Fw 190 wing extends beyond the prop vortex.