FW190 - W.Nr 172699 info required

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

s1chris

Staff Sergeant
Dec 10, 2011
England
Hello,

Can anybody tell me about the loss of FW190 W.Nr 172699, I believe it is Red 21 of JG3.
The Pilot was Ofhr Siegfried Clement. Any photos or details would be a bonus.

Cheers Chris

Thanks for looking guys.

Andy, the location is a big help thanks.

David, do you know exactly what model of FW190 it was based on the production starting in May '44?

Cheers Chris

Do you mean Werk Nummer 172669? If you do , I have found via the Internet that the WNr 172669 of Stab JG3 having Red 21 code was flown by Ofhr. Siegfried Klement who was killed when the aircraft was downed on 24 July 1944. The Werk Nummer indictes Fw190A-8 ( block 172601 - 172750 ).

Hi Wojtek,

This is exactly where I am confused about this aircraft. I have the relics from this crash (as you may have guessed). The info I received with the pieces stated that it was W.Nr 172699 but like you also come across that web page which shows the W.Nr to be ending in 669. I'm starting to think that there could be a typo on the documents that I received. Is there anyway i can further verify which one is correct?

David, thanks for following up with that info.

Cheers Chris

I think it might be a typo. The list of (Geschwader)Stab./JG3, reference Jochen Prien 'Bf109 im Einsatz bei Stab und I.JG3/Erik Mombeeck 'Missing in action'):

- Fw 190A-8, W-Nr. 172699, code red 21, piloted by Oberfähnrich Siegfried Clement (KIA), lost in combat near Caen/Normandy on july
24th 1944

Great work inspector Wojtek, thanks again.

Any ideas on what it would have looked like? (needing to model it in 1/48 )
I really don't have a clue about Luftwaffe markings and camo etc. short sharp learning curve here I come!

Last edited:
Nice one Wayne, looking forward to modelling this one now.

Cheers Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back