Fw190A6 Sturmjager of Sturmstaffel1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree. I always think that you start with a kit, which becomes a model and, with attention to detail, careful work and a certain amount of dedication, the model then becomes a replica, in miniature, of the original, as close as is possible for the skills of the particular modeller.

No Chris you don't.But your opinion is a nice example of our attitude towards modelling.

Well, at last I´ve found the thread Wojtek. Wow!!! Mama! I did not known you are a dr.Surgeon and a magician.
I am sure your model will be great. The amount of work you put into it is humangous, tho. But I always say we are The Model, not a toy makers, so the more work the better. Isn't it so guys!?

I think its good that Wurger is showing that you can make a good model out of an inexpensive kit. There's always a temptation to blow a lot of cash on some state of the art Tamiya/Hasegawa/Eduard masterpiece but I think you can learn a lot more this way. There is an English expression "To make a silk purse out of a sows ear..." :D

Nice siggy by the way Marek, always liked the Stuka. One of them crashed in the field behind my house back in 1940 so the locals tell me...

The point for Maximowitz. I think he is absolutely right.
Now Max! Thanks about the Stuka. May be somebody took some pictures of that crashed one?

Now Max! Thanks about the Stuka. May be somebody took some pictures of that crashed one?

Not that I've ever found any. I live in the County of Kent in South East England, "Battle of Britain" country as it were. If you had the time, money and patience you could spend your entire life digging up B of B aircraft around here. Not so long ago I got involved in the recovery of a (if memory serves) SKG 10 FW 190 from the salt marshes near the Thames River estuary.. God only knows what remains buried...

Now back to the Sturmjager before we derail Wojtek's thread!

Hi guys,

The weather here has gotten better at last.So I have found some free time to continue working on my Fw190A-6.Today I made the right half of the fuselage longer as I had said before.The central area of the fuselage was extended with 1.5mm extension and the rear one with 1.2mm.Here a few pics to show this.

Attachments

• fus1.jpg
    fus1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 190
  • fus1a.jpg
    fus1a.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 172
  • fus1b.jpg
    fus1b.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 176
  • fus2.jpg
    fus2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 97
  • fus2a.jpg
    fus2a.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 105
  • fus2c.jpg
    fus2c.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 172
  • fus2b.jpg
    fus2b.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 106
  • fus3.jpg
    fus3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 108
THX guys.:D

Daniel for cutting I use a razor-saw like the one in the first pic.

And here you are two more pics to compare these halves before and after.

Attachments

• piłka zyletka.jpg
    piłka zyletka.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 112
  • gen.jpg
    gen.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 111
  • fus4.jpg
    fus4.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 109
  • fus3a.jpg
    fus3a.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 116
I'm not sure what you maen but the razor saw is thin like a razor blade.

Attachments

• żyletka.jpg
    żyletka.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 102
Yup you got it mate:thumbleft:

Just curious as to how you make the cuts so clean after having done some "surgery" myself today(I just suck :lol:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back