Fw190A6 Sturmjager of Sturmstaffel1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:oops: Thank you gents.A little bit busy with my work these days but it will be continued. :D

Don't tell people at work Wojtek - they might ask you to modify some of their aircraft!! I can see it now "And this is our latest up-grade to the Air Force, the F16.5. It's longer, taller, thinner and faster, and....."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbleft:

But I'm sure you know that old beans " Only born fools start a war and they wage war only but they never follow the practician's advice."

What can I say? The Wurgermeister in action. I suspect he holds seances and is in touch with Kurt Tank personally on a spiritual level.

:D

You are right My Friend.It is incorrect as well just like these horizontal stabilizer roots that are at an unproper place and too short for corrected stabilizers.Here some pics to show what I'm talking about.The stabilizer is still not fitted finally.Generally these kit stabilizers are of incorrect lenght and shape.What is more their leading edges are of incorrect angle to the fuselage central line.

Attachments

• stery2.jpg
    stery2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 104
  • stery2a.jpg
    stery2a.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 109
  • stery3.jpg
    stery3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 104
  • stery3a.jpg
    stery3a.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 114
Like Dan, I wonder why the kit maker doesn't check the aircraft blue-prints
so his models would be more accurate. If I built this kit, out of the box, it
would not look anything like the real thing.

Charles

Even Hasegawa,Tamiya and many more "very good" firms make mistakes.The kit isn't for old and well experienced modellers but it is for quite young ones.Taking its price into consideration and its ,at glance, very good quality the kit can be very intersting for them

Its not that bad. It fits well and is an ok representaion of the model. By no means is it perfect.

I think the rule of thumb with kit building/modelling is doing the best you can do with the provided subject.

So ur basically playin around with kiddie toys Wojtek???

As you can see Dan there are many opinions about the kit ( see above) .There are people who like the kind of kits.Most of people is convinced that these bigger and quite expensive models are the best in all the world and don't even try to check if it is true..But sadly it is not true.Even your Dora when comparing to drawings can appear not enough accurate ( have you check her?) .Look at Marek's Ju-87 which seems to be really great.But even there have to be introduced corrections in order to make the model better.What is more, an excellent fitting of all parts in a kit doesn't mean the kit is nice, am I right?
Another thing is a question if plastic kits are toys at all.If yes it means that our modelling is a play with the kiddie ones.But I think they aren't.All kits are a semi-matrial for models.It depends on us and our skills only what the final effect can be achieved.

BTW The main task for a modeller is to make a model as close to the reality as it is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back