Fw190A6 Sturmjager of Sturmstaffel1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK. Going farther.I have decided to use the drawings from Kagero book about Fw190 for comparing of the main parts of the kit.I have had to resized drawings because these are of 1/48 scale and I needed of 1/72.The xero device is a nice tool for that.
Here is the general view of the right fuselage half compared to the fuselage drawing.The first mistake you can notice is the incorrect lenght of the fuselage.There is a lack of about 4mm.But the main problem is the cental fuselage axis.Simply the tail axis and the front and central parts have incorrect angle.Also you can see that the rudder is totally wrong in its shape.But as I said the main problem is with the tail axis.If it is rotated left the mistake seems to be less seen.Anyway it has to be corrected.The very important info is that the fuselage wingroot and the fuselage MGs department opening are almost at their places and can be used as the refernce point for farther comparisons and corrections.

to be continued....

Attachments

• gen1.jpg
    gen1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 122
  • gen1a.jpg
    gen1a.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 128
  • gen5.jpg
    gen5.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 129
THX Jan.:) BTW what does OR/ER stand for?

Here is a close up pic of the central part of the fuselage at the cockpit area.
The lack of the compatibility between the tail axis and the central part one causes that the cockpt opening has incorrect shape.But the main problem is with its lenght.There is a lack of 1mm in lenght.So it means that the cockpit conopy is too short.

To be continued...

Attachments

• gen2a.jpg
    gen2a.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 113
  • gen2a1.jpg
    gen2a1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 117
OR, is Operation Room I think and ER is Emergency Room. Something that you kits seem to be going through.....:D 8) :thumbright:

Wojtek, Wojtek, Wojtek.....what have you got yourself into....1 mm?

Again thanks Jan.:)

1mm x 72 = 7.2cm, 1mm x 48 = 4.8cm

The difference is clearly seen right?

The fuselage will be split up along the yellow line.Then I'm going to add some plastic in order to get a proper lenght and the compatibility of axises of both parts.

Attachments

• gen2a3.jpg
    gen2a3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 112
  • gen2a4.jpg
    gen2a4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 112
Here you are a close up pic of the front part of the fuselage.No wonder all think that the engine cowling is wrong.According to the drawing it is too long.There has to be cut off a slice of 1mm of plastic what is exactly the front cross-section with the the oil radiator ring mount.It is shown in the second pic.

Attachments

• gen7.jpg
    gen7.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 122
  • gen7a.jpg
    gen7a.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 119
Wow! The differences really show now that you have pointed them out Wojtek. You've got a big job ahead of you, and I'll be watching this build with great interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back