Gathering of WW2 Legends/veterans- East Kirkby -May 2 Lincs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

now we're talking.........

it's so depressing, so far the only people that have remembered are my best friend, my girlfriend and annother girl who remembered only after she asked what i was doing and i said "guess", and she'd had a go at me for something before then!!

Happy birthday, mate.

Don't worry, everyone forgets my birthday. A few days before my 18th my brother asked if it was on the 4th of April....it's not!

the lancaster kicks ass said:

it's so depressing, so far the only people that have remembered are my best friend, my girlfriend and annother girl who remembered only after she asked what i was doing and i said "guess", and she'd had a go at me for something before then!!

Dude what about Me, Martyn and Myles? ;)

the lancaster kicks ass said:

Oi you>>>>> page 4 of this thread!!!! who mentioned your birthday B4 you did :( hurt I am . (dear god I have started to talk like Yoda)

Hey PD that pic of the Eagle was a beaut, made me tingle ( no sassy comments please folks) I have saved it, yup out does the Tomcat.

Oi Med, what a truly lovely picture you paint of me (not :cry: ) if you dont be a good boy I will call to Bristol on my way to Duxford.
I used to play pool with Hells Angels in my youth (last week.... :lol: ). I didn't learn much about sinking the balls, but I did learn alot about how to threaten someone with a cue :rolleyes:

As for drinking, mmmm! a few years ago I could have 'with out doubt' out drank you. But narr I hold PD high on a pedestal on this site as an outstanding drinker...... I have been following his career with the up most interest, only NS comes close to his daily intake. And when I say close, it doesnt even come close really.

I have however become a wonderful drunk, the humour increases and I love everyone ( I need a minder>>>> Mozie keep your eye on me at Duxford mate, dont let me stray into restricted areas).

Anyway Cheeky boy (Meds new name) seeing I am old enough to be most peeps Mormy on this site, PD might need copious amount of alcohol to just be seen with me. (dont worry mate if I wear my shades you just cant tell then 8) ).
I have waitied years to go to Duxford, I want to see the planes!!!!!!
and possibly learn a bit more about them whilst Im there. Meeting up with any of you would just be a nice added bonus (ok Cheeky boy).

Faces should be used more...it's hard to tell with typing...unless........
eeeewwwwww! morning faces and drunk faces, and with some folk on here (heehee no names mentioned...that would be evil :evil: ) just faces!!!!

Mozie Hon>>>>> when is your birthday (and star siqn maybe), that way I won't forget your birthday 'ever again' . mine is on 14th February (see Med, even my birthday is lovely.... :( )

awww sorry cripps, you saying happy birthday really did mean allot :)

same goes for everyone else here of course........

Well Lancs you're easily forgiven....... Lancaster pictures mate ;)

Mosie date noted mate.

Re meet ups: I went on a meet up recently from another site and had a fantastic day, I met some really wonderful people and we had such a laugh. You guys should make the effort, what is life about if you don't visit new places, meet interesting people, talk and learn and have a damn good laugh along the way ( OK PD and a few drinks).

Hey is anyone making the effort to go up to Edinburgh on July 2nd, for the 'G8 Summit'? It will be one hell of a historical event and worth while.
Go on www.oxfam.org.uk/mph it tells you all about it, plus connects you to speacial coach and train links. If anyone is going and wants to meet up, let me know. otherwise check the site out and see what else you can do. 8)

DUXFORD: Mosie and Plan_D are you at the show both days or just one? I have only booked the Saturday so far. I was aiming to travel down on the Friday stay over Friday Saturday and come home Sunday.

For anyone thinking of booking on line for Duxford, you can only do this THIS WEEK as the on line service closes on Friday June 10th. so get a move on.

To Wet your appitite>>>>>
Heres an update from the Duxford site, of last years event:-

Flying Legends Air Show 2004 Lives Up To Its Name

Crowds enjoy the flight line walk.
The weather may not have been perfect but the aircraft on display over the weekend at this year's Flying Legends certainly were. Over the two days, around 25,000 people came to bear witness to a show that was truly one of the best Legends line-ups ever seen.

Billed as the warbird show in Europe, Flying Legends is a joint venture between The Fighter Collection and the Imperial War Museum, and once again, this unique two-day spectacular featuring some of the world's rarest and most historic aircraft, didn't fail to impress.

Ten Spitfires signalled the start of the flying display with a dramatic tail-chase across the moody skies. They were followed by a display that included many highlights including the rare Bell P-39Q Airacobra which had come over from the US to make its UK debut at Legends. One of only two airworthy examples left in the world, this was the first time that the unique aircraft had been seen in the UK since the 1940s.

Constellation.
A huge hit with the crowd was the appearance of the Lockheed Super Constellation airliner – the 'Super Connie'. This majestic aircraft, considered by many to be the ultimate piston powered airliner, made its first UK appearance at Flying Legends after flying across from Switzerland earlier this year and was a treat to watch as it sailed smoothly across the skyline.

A star of the show for many was the appearance of the extremely rare Polikarpov 1-15bis, an agile little biplane that tumbled across the sky in some daring acrobatic manoeuvres. Developed by Russian Nicolay Polikarpov from the earlier 1-5 fighter, the Polikarpov actually replaced the monoplane 1-16 in service in parts of the USSR and is in fact the only example of its type left in the world, having made the journey from Russia to be at Legends.

Polikarpov 1-15bis.
The show this year featured the familiar foray of classic American and British fighters owned by The Fighter Collection, including the gull-winged Corsair and the Cats – the Tigercat, Wildcat, Hellcat and Bearcat, the latter of which was flown by Stephen Grey of The Fighter Collection, who performed a breath-taking perfect display that showed the aircraft to its best advantage to the audience below.

Slightly more sedate, but no less impressive, was the display by six de Havilland Rapides. These iconic aircraft were led in formation by G-AGJ, the aircraft that has been lovingly restored at Duxford over a period of 27 years by David and Mark Miller. Legends this year marked the air show debut for G-AGJG having only just taken its first test flight in June of this year.

Line up at Flying Legends Air Show 2004.
Other aircraft to feature in the display included the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight's Dakota which performed a gentle solo display and was sent with a pair of Spitfires that chased across the sky in a simulated dog-fight. There was a popular appearance from 'No Guts, No Glory', the Fighter Collections P-47 Thunderbolt and Anna Walker the only female pilot at the show, performed a scintillating display in a BU 133C Jungmeister.

Resident B-17 Flying Fortress, Sally-B, was this year joined by her French counterpart, B-17 Flying Fortress, Pink Lady which made for an emotive part of the show as the two flew together. Twenty-six aircraft, including two B-25 Mitchells, several Spitfires and Hurricanes, took to the skies in the traditional mass flypast finale to the show, the biggest formation balbo of warbirds seen in Europe each year and, as ever, a fitting end to a truly timeless show

I'm only going on Saturday, booked it a long time ago. I'm going down extremely early Saturday morning with my two brothers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back