Gatwick Airport Vs Drones.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Reading the better news reports, its evident that this is not some dick flying his early Xmas present, but that this is a commercial grade drone being flown to deliberately disrupt operations and being done rather well. Pointless for people to start bellowing about increasing 'no fly' zones or implementing more restrictions on drone operations.

There is more to this than is being reported, drones have been reported near airports for years, this is different.

Stop insulting dicks, most have more brains

So that's what women mean when they say we think with our dicks....

Cheers,

Dana

Looking at news reports it is by no means certain that they have the right people. The bloke's boss says he was at work!

We'll see I suppose, but it wouldn't be the first time Old Bill arrested the first likely suspect(s) (drone flyer in this case) in the face of so much public pressure.

Cheers

Steve

I thought it was very quick as well Steve. I did a very quick Google and the maximum range of one industrial drone was 4km, a fairly large area to be searching for a smallish object.

1545502320140.png

DJI has a geofencing system that will not only prevent you from flying into certain airspace, but will also track drone telemetry. It's effective in identifying the drone and it's owner but like anything else there is software that can defeat it. Additionally DJI has errors in their system that sometimes locks out operations in areas that are actually legal to fly in.

I worked for 3 months where the people arrested live, what an odd town, full of weirdos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back