++ GB 31-Military Conflicts of the 1950s - Discussion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, here we are a week away and there's been limited feedback on this GB that would warrant splitting the subject. Only six have responded with potential projects for the original 50's conflicts subject (Terry, Geo, Sergio, Glenn, Jan, and John) and only 3 plus myself have expressed some interest in splitting (Jeff, Wayne, John). As past split GB's were judged in each category, we would need much more interest in another theme to warrant a split so I'm proposing that we leave the GB as is and not split it.

I have lots of WW2 subjects that do not have a home in the upcoming GBs so I may either start/join an unofficial GB or complete the projects as STF builds.

On another topic, I have gone no further on my Israeli Spitfire IX and, if all would allow it, I'd consider moving it into the 50's GB as there's little chance that I'll finish it by the end of August, let alone even look at it again before Aug 20.

No problem here Andy.

I've actually had that same thought about the Dominican P-51 I'm building now but have made some recent progress on it and hope to get it finished on time now.

Agreed. Dog days of summer and all. I had full intentions of adding another red Hellcat or a racing Spit to the current GB but that's over. I'm open for anything for a split in the next GB. I'll go through my stash and see if I can break it down before I head out to work tomorrow

No issue moving your Spitfire to the next GB, Andy.

Not sure how a split GB would be selected but my Aces idea could be restricted. For example, Aces of the European Theater (Allied or Axis) or Pacific War Aces since you guys have already done an WW2-wide Aces GB.

This is where I sit using Andy's list in Post #1...

GB 31.jpg

Might have a few others but any split build is OK by me just to get the participation.

edit: just noticed the training aircraft could include the Stearman

The month of August will be extremely busy for me so won't see much activity at my end. Not much discussion happened on this thread so I suspect this GB s going to be pretty quiet.

Once I finally get around to not procrastinating and taking pictures of my less than stellar Seafire, I'll throw up a thread for something. I've got a few that will work, though I'm in a rut so we'll see. Have to decide between an F4U-4, F4U-7, F7F or F9F.

Back on my own annual visit...

- No worries here carrying the builds over guys.

- I don't think there is a need to split the build, there are plenty of subjects to choose from IMO. (Do like the idea of a future trainer build though :) )

- 'IF' I am able to spend any time at the bench, have 3 contenders of special interest for this (all 1:72):

1. Bristol 170 Freighter MK.31M - RNZAF, Singapore
2. De Havilland Venom FB.1 - RNZAF (loaned from RAF), Singapore
3. Gloster Meteor T.7 - RNZAF (loaned from RAF), Cyprus (-instrument trainer for loaned Vampire FB.9s)

Most interesting would be the Freighter, but time as always will dictate.

I've been meaning to start a thread on the French P-63 but haven't had the time. I need to finish up the two I'm working on so it would be only for decision and research at this point.
If work slows down and it looks like I'll have the time I might throw in an Academy F-86 into the mix although it looks like there may already be a few Sabres in it.

Once I get back from my short tour, I'll make a start on the 1/32nd scale Sabre.
If that 'Fennec' I started to convert from the old 1/48th scale Monogram T-28 kit wasn't so advanced, I'd include that too. Or, if there are no objections, seeing as I'm not competing, I could resurrect the build, and move it into the GB. I need a good excuse and kick in the Rs to get it finished !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back