>> GB #34 - START QUIBBLING

I have some! The are great! Much sharper than the older ones, however nothing beats a scalpel for sharp. I just can't find a handle to fit the blades I have. Scalpels are bloody confusing in what works with what.
 
Robert, not sure wherein your scalpel confusion lies. Blades are of various shapes and sizes all numbered just like X-acto blades and most of them are very similiar though the X-actos tend to be thicker and will take more pressure.
Scalpel handles also come in a wide variety of shapes and styles. It is important to note that NOT all blades fit all handles so make sure the blade style you want fits the handle. Blades #9 through #17 fit handle #3 while #18 through #26 are for handle #4. GENERALLY handles #3 and #4 are the most useful for modeling and personally I prefer the #4 handle in the comfort style with a #36 blade. I also have several style X-acto handles with several blade styles though #11 seems to be the most useful the majority of the time
228bad91ef24a2d87da05f9df7f6b7c2_zpsf3b329f6.jpg
2df1bec66fb0a7802dacee93f979a412Blade handle1.jpg
handle_4_w_4_blades.jpg
 
Trainers works for me, if it includes post war to current.
 
Robert, not sure wherein your scalpel confusion lies. Blades are of various shapes and sizes all numbered just like X-acto blades and most of them are very similiar though the X-actos tend to be thicker and will take more pressure.
Scalpel handles also come in a wide variety of shapes and styles. It is important to note that NOT all blades fit all handles so make sure the blade style you want fits the handle. Blades #9 through #17 fit handle #3 while #18 through #26 are for handle #4. GENERALLY handles #3 and #4 are the most useful for modeling and personally I prefer the #4 handle in the comfort style with a #36 blade. I also have several style X-acto handles with several blade styles though #11 seems to be the most useful the majority of the time
View attachment 370808 View attachment 370809 View attachment 370810
The supplier I have found, the only one, sells blades as for LG, SM, MED handles not fitment numbers. So I now have 200 blades of the types that I wanted that do not fit any of the 3 types of handles I have. Their handles use an entirely different numbering scheme that does not match the one for their blades so I gave up.
 
This build is my jam! I might actually build something! :lol:
No f***ing way Jim ! :lol:
 
Got a Vampire T.11, Gnat T.1, Jet Provost T.5, Hunter T.7 (conversion kit with Academy Hunter F.6), and Hawk T.1, all 1/48th scale, and a possible Spitfire T.9 scratch-build project, again 1/48th scale.
 
Thanks my friend.
If i do it, it will be this one, for my friend Max, who got a flight in it in 2015 - lucky sod !
The original aircraft was flown by New Zealander Johhny Houlton (as a standard Mk.IX), and retains his Squadron markings.


Max 3.jpg
 
Look forward to it Terry if you do. My options are a PT-19 Stearman (RCAF) and then a T-6. Have to check references on this one and see what it takes to make a Harvard IV
 
Geo, have a look at my Harvard build, somewhere in the S to F threads - it's a Mk.IV, built from the Italeri (ex Occidental) kit.
Main external differences are a longer exhaust, and the rear (fixed) canopy section was slightly longer. I 'winged' it by adding an extra vertical frame which, although not 100% accurate, it still being short, looked OK.
Also, many Mk.IVs had the main gear doors removed.


Harvard Build 190.jpg
 
I would do an RCAF Avro Anson.
 
Quibble...Quibble...are you then switching the build to trainers? Or keeping the original "Prototypes/Weird". If I get my Maus finished I was thinking of my Huckebein 1/48 as an entry
 
Seems like a plan is forming for the alternate....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back