GB-38

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is what I've got George. 9.75mm high.

IMG_2775.JPG

Can someone clarify what this GB encompasses? Is it solely restricted to captured aircraft? Or is it, like the title suggests, any Axis aircraft INCLUDING captured aircraft? I have another 1/32 Dora that I'll be working on soon that I could possibly throw in but it won't be in captured markings.

Any aircraft flown by the axis John, including any that they captured like Geo's MiG 3 in LW markings.

Mine was on a captured P-38-G which was repainted and wearing German insignia T9+XB which is/was my first choice as I have one in the "Stash". Second choice is/was a captured Do-335 wearing American insignia. So both of mine would have been captured and wearing foreign insignia

Thank you Geo, I already have a Do-335 built in its original German insignia. It's my second choice here because I'd have to buy another kit and rebuild it whereas I already have a P-38

From what I understand following the discussion with the judges, the 'captured' part refers to aircraft captured by the Axis. Therefore, a P-38 would be eligible, but a, for example, German aircraft in US markings would not.

Terry, in my last PM to Wurger he stated: "I would say the captured and tested Axis planes by the USAF or VVS should be acceptable." It's a moot point with me as unless I screw up another one twil be the P-38 but we probably need clarification on this point for all concerned.

Mike, but a little bit father sentence says " But need to know other opinions firstly.It wasn't me who got the idea of the main subject for the GB and I'm not sure of the originator's thought. "
And finally , "After a discussion the judging panel agreed the thread should be understood as "Axis aircraft including their captured""

Yep, any axis aircraft, and any aircraft from another nation captured by the axis nations, including their allies.
In other words, an American, British or Russian aircraft, for example, in the markings of Germany, Japan etc is acceptable, but a German,Japanese or other axis aircraft in US, Russian or British markings is not.

I believe I have the perfect kit for this build, HobbyBoss IAR-80 should fit in nicely. As a back up I think that the Hasegawa Bf 109G-6 in Italian Air Force and or Tamiya Mitsubishi Isshikirikko Type 11 (Beatty) . I'll have to think about it some.

Yep, that will be a nice one. I've always liked the look of that aircraft, and wanted a model back when I was a kid, though none were available then.
Looks like I'll be doing another for my BoB collection - Ju-88A1, converted from the Revell Ju-88A4 kit.
If I get it done in time, I might also do a He-111H-20(22) with V-1, as I now have more accurate info on this type and its operations.

Great choice Don, I'd love to see that built. Was playing around with my pic editor and didn't realize I had installed a Luftwaffe font. This is much closer than the font I was thinking of using(bottom) plus I can do the second option if I choose without resorting to an after market decal sheet.

upload_2018-4-28_11-0-17.png
earlier version
upload_2018-4-28_11-2-19.png

After 3 years I've been suddenly pulled off nights and stuck on days... which means I now have a little time each night for modelmaking!

Will be entering this build with a captured P-51B Mustang (T9+HK), with (time/ progress permitting) either a Henschel Hs 123A-1 or Hungarian Ju 52/3m.

Geo, what size font do you need? Might have something in the spares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back