GB-38 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the offer Evan though I'll have to get the kit first, size it up for the appropriately sized balkenkreuz, and then figure out the fonts size from that

upload_2018-5-1_17-7-23.png

Hey guys, its been awhile since I've posted here but my life is finally slowing down enough that I think I can join in on this GB. I would like to build Gaspatch models HS 123A in 1/48 but I would like a ruling from the judges on the markings I would like to use. One of the kit markings is a Spanish plane in 1942. The timeframe works and many in Spain sympathized with the Germans and Italians but Spain was not a true Axis power.
20180501_215351.jpg

Another option from the kit is a German plane in 1938. Definitely an Axis plane but I'm not sure if the date is allowed in this GB.
20180501_215358.jpg

The last option I could do is a German plane on the Eastern Front in 1944. This one would qualify but the scheme is my least favorite.
20180501_215409.jpg

So what do the judges think? Do either of the first two schemes work for this GB or just the third scheme?
Thanks for the input.

Welcome back Chris. Franco did allow volunteers to fight for Germany as long as they fought the Russians and not the Western allies so they were kinda sorta with the Axis

Well, I might jump into this one. Work on it when my wifey is at work, I do have other chores. Will put it all on order. I've wanted to do a Jug, and this seems like a likely one to do. Captured P-47D razorback. 1/48 Tamiya, resin cockpit, German decal set. There is a story of a Jug pilot running low on fuel, a bit disoriented bad weather chose a German field to land on. Followed a vehicle to the hangars and discovered his blunder. Don't know if this is the one but is a good story. I press on. Bill

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 89
Thanks Wayne, good to be back. All our renovations and work around the house have turned into small things, so may get some bench time.
Question tho.
Would the Luftwaffe have taken the time to TAPE the color edges of the hi viz yellow on captured A/C???? Maybe just sprayed or brushed on the color and not taken too much care? Anyone seen any close or near photos of the planes?

Cheers.

George, looking at Evans Mustang post, captured, and the pages Micdrow posted like page 113 with the Mustang and P-47, it clearly shows the masking was pretty clean for the tail and underside yellow painting. I was just looking for confirmation they were not painting loosely with spray or brush. So I am good now.
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back