GB-40 1/72 Halifax B.Mk. II - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Username: Jeff Hunt
Name: Jeff
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1:72
Manufacturer: Matchbox

Have not built a 1:72 scale kit for years and figured this is as good a time as any.

I will be building this kit as a Halifax Mk.II series 1 and more specifically aircraft BB205, built by London Aircraft Production Group between January and July of 1942.
This ship was assigned to 158 Squadron RAF and was coded NP B.
She was lost on operations on the night of August 13/14 1942. Flight engineer on this trip was Sgt. Clarence S Hunt, RCAF, my uncle.
All seven crew members were able to get out and all were imprisoned. My Uncle was repatriated in January 1945.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG

When completed, this model will have some sentimental significance to me, I hope I do it justice.
Thanks to Bill Davidson for sending along the BB205 and the NP B decals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am struggling to find time. Mother Superior has me elbow deep in a total gut job renovation of our upstairs main washroom. Worst part is she wants it done before we head to Mexico in the middle of January and a week after I get home from that I am heading to Peru to do some volunteer work at an orphanage.

Fingers are crossed.

Jeff

Last edited:
Tub, toilet and vanity all removed. Area where walk in shower is going has been taken back to the studs. Finished lifting the old ceramic floor today. Have to move some plumbing and electrical then the shower will be installed. Purchased the new flooring ceramic tile today. New stand alone tub and the other fixtures including a new throne have been ordered and will arrive shortly. Mother Superior bought an antique sideboard and it will be modified and made into a vanity. The things we do to build up points so we can go to air shows.

The old stuff gave 26 years of service but an update was called for.

20181208_151905.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

I had a guy come in and redo my bathroom. My house was built in '75 and the brand new tub was almost 2" longer than the original. He had to notch out the 2x4s on both walls and then we spent about 10 minutes ramming it into place. It was the last bathroom he ever remodelled

What a group of interesting boys for masonry. Send me pictures and maybe I'll contract you all (I have so much to do at home :crazyeyes:)
:laughing6: LOL

Saludos :grouphuuug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back