GB-44 1/48 CF-104D - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

very, very nice paint job, those deposits and the stabilizer !!!

I spend a PM to ask you some questions !!!

Thanks guys. Wow.....one month later. Prepping for paint. I'm a big fan of how Hasegawa deals with the clear parts attachment points.....

IMG_0001.JPG

...not so much this; its been in the bag until now

IMG_0003.JPG

Off to PG in 45 minutes and will deal with this when I get back

Alrighty, back at it. Sprayed the fuselage Tamiya Gloss Black and the Vallejo Metal Chrome.

IMG_0007.JPG

While waiting for the paint to cure I started on the landing gear. Instructions are a bit vague but once some fiddling was done it was clear that the part was supposed to go into the slot. Another thumb would be handy as the piece kept wanting to rotate.

IMG_0002.jpg

I bought two packs of Tamiya Bendy tape a while ago and have used them around the nose sections of all three 104s. Pretty impressed with it; goes around curves nicely and no paint lift or bleed under.

IMG_0008.JPG

Did some work in the tail section and gloss-coated the wings. This time I used Vallejo Dull Aluminum mixed with their Jet Exhaust.

Untitled.jpg

It looked dark in the AB cup but not as dark once on the model. Kinda, sorta looks like the box top though.

IMG_0002.JPG

1582969400727.png

Still need to do the two panels on the tail, the anti-glare panel and the black around the intakes and then I can get to decalin'. Hopefully have it done by Tuesday and then figure out if I want to get into the next GB. I'll post a question in the GB thread shortly

Thanks guys. Painting finally finished.

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Started with the wing decals, a two part affair which can be trying at times to get things centered

IMG_0010.JPG

Nailed it first time on both sides

IMG_0011.JPG

I figured it best to stop here to avoid rushing and screwing things up before catching the bus. While I was cleaning up I spotted this roll of 40 mm Tamiya Kamoi tape. I don't use it much because its a pain in the keester to get off the roll, always ripping down the middle and edges, never clean like normal Tamiya tape

IMG_0012.JPG

As is my wont after spraying a project, if there's any paint left over I hit the mule to practice mottles and thin lines etc. This time I had quite a bit left so I covered the mule. The paint had already dried for about 12 hours when I got the idea of trying this tape over the paint...full strength and pressed down firmly. Remember....this is "fragile" Vallejo. Note that the tape is quite thin

IMG_0014.JPG

Going for full effect, I ripped it off like I was starting a lawn mower....absolutely no paint came off

IMG_0016.JPG

Magnified

IMG_0017.JPG

I'll try it a few more times before I make a full commitment

Stunning 104 George. Paint adherence has so much to do with what's underneath. Do the same experiment with the paint on bare plastic and you may get a very different result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back