GB-44 1/48 CF-104D - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I did a Vallejo Metal paint test on the inside of an untreated wing a month or so ago so I ran the full strenght tape over that and pressed the crap out of it into the paint. As expected, a bit of paint came of but not as much as I thought. With detacking I think it will be good to fill in the spaces between the normal Tamiya masking tape. Being somewhat translucent, it may be good for canopies. Anyhoo.......one side is done doing the other side and getting the little bits prepared for finals.

unnamed.jpg

Thanks guys. Right side deecals are done. First coat of white is on the pitot tube. I'm using Vallejo Model Color RLM 21 White for the first time and am most impressed with the coverage, far better than Tamiya. I've read in other builds that this and the other prime colors in this range are great for detailing cockpits. Gonna need to pick up some red, yellow etc

1584060135574.png

Working on other little bits as well. Hoping for final shots on Saturday

I have sprayed it before with out problems but for the life of me I can't remember which build, colour or ratio; it think I cut it with water 1:1 or maybe 2:1. I think Terry has sprayed it as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back