GB-44 1/48 Mirage IIIC - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, you're right Bill.
Had I known this was a lacquer, I would have either sprayed onto bare plastic, or used the dedicated Black Base.
BUT !
The info from AK, and the labels on the bottles, state that it is enamel - it ain't !!!

The replacement kit has arrived - Eduard 'Weekend Edition'.
When the Hobby Boss kit was first released, there was some talk that it was a direct 'rip off' of the Eduard kit. Although they are both very similar overall, there are a couple of differences, and, at fist look, it appears that the intakes are joined in a better location than the HB kit, avoiding the auxiliary doors.
Also, the decal sheet has the fin flash showing the same construction number (No.92) as my subject aircraft, after transfer to EC 02 /010 "Seine", in 1976, so that's a very useful bonus.
I'm planning on making a start on this over the Christmas holidays, and I'll post those pics which are relevant to the build - the rest should be much the same as before. I'll also adjust the thread header to reflect the change in kits.

Buys 566.JPG

Er ..... ahem !
Going to really test the AK paints on another 'hack' before use, and any doubts will mean I revert back to my traditional methods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back