GB-44 1/72 CF-18 - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had a bad feeling about this. The left LEX went into place. I tried to position the right one
and used a bit of force. It snapped like a twig! I don't think it's fixable, at least to my likings.
I am now at odds, I can not finish this cursed kit but want to do a Canadian CF-18. I am thinking
of ordering either an Academy, Hasegawa or Minicraft one but what are the GB rules? Off to
listen to "End of The Line" by The Traveling Wilburys".- John
Hornet 24.JPG

Hornet 25.JPG

A shame but fixable with CA, putty, and patience.

You can enter another kit if you wish as long as it's finished by the end date. Kinetic makes a CF-188 too but in 1/48.

You CAN glue the part back on yes. BUT then you have to stress it over those pins again to form an arc. That
stress will snap it in another spot. I know, I tried twice. The first time it did not snap, I stopped short. I saw this
coming. The only other way is to form the LEX to an arc form, which AIN'T happening. Not worth my time on a
kit like this with no value.- John

Stressing parts can be avoided by shaping before gluing. It's not easy and I understand that it may not be worth the hassle but the fix can be done without stressing the parts.

I tried forming that right LEX that broke off, it shattered into 3 pieces. That's it, no more fooling
myself that this junk can be resurrected! I have this Minicraft kit on the way and will start a new
thread when it arrives next week. The F-104C will be in today.- John
Minicraft 1-72 USMC F-A-18A.jpg

This thread is dead. The kit is no more. I will be starting a new CF-118A with a 1/72 Hasegawa kit.
No response is needed here. I will start a totally new thread. Thanks- John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back