GB-44 1/72 CF-18 - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vandee

Senior Airman
Aug 21, 2019
Username-vandee
Name-John
Category-Intermediate
Kit-HobbyCraft CF-18
Scale-1/72
Accessories-Canuk Decals CF-188 FIP markings
Hornet 1.JPG

Hornet 2.JPG

This will be pretty much OOB except for the Canuk decals and the kit does not include
LEX fences. I have a set of Hasegawa LEX fences from a previous build to use. I also
have to add my own spot light as the kit does not provide that either, I will scratch
build that easy enough.- John

Thanks. I have figured a new way to build this. It is not a typical model with general instructions.
It seems to be more of a puzzle. They show parts going on but when you try to make it look like
"the picture" it doesn't seem quite right. Also it shows decals for the instrument panel and side consoles.
There are none on the decal sheet. I lucked out and had an old set of Hasegawa decals with the instrument
panel and side consoles which I cut to fit. It's all coming back to me, I had similar problems when I built my
first HobbyCraft F-86. After the 3rd one I knew exactly what to do, avoid the instructions at all cost!- John
Hornet 7.JPG

Thanks, I have the fuselage halves together, puttied and sanded. Now to add some weight in the forward fuselage then
add the rear deck and instrument panel. It looks like the rear deck may need some clamping.- John
Hornet 8.JPG

Hornet 9.JPG

That's a fair fit issue. I'd suggest dry-fitting the canopy before clamping the deck to see if the problem is not that that the fuselage is too narrow. If it is, the solution may be to force the fuselage apart a bit with a chunk of sprue glued inside, though the cockpit is kinda in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back