GB-45 1/48 Macchi C.205 - BoB/Foreign Service (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes I knew that but same unit. If Bill is going to do the smoke rungs EXACTLY as in photos then I will settle for no hugs.

Good choice Bill. Could cheat a bit on the decals...MIKE GRANT DESIGN DECALS-1:48 scale

1581550990028.png

Bill, this is just a quick job and I'm sure you can do waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. You need some clear decal paper off the get go. Scan your paint instructions and put them on your photo editor, for me paint.net.

1581567699049.png

Enlarge the photo, add a layer and custom make your smoke ring colour, in this case your Verde Oliva Scuro 2 ( Dark Olive Green 2 ) - FS 34052 becomes RGB 123F30...

1581568229778.png

Use the paint brush and paint around the smoke rings....

1581568748995.png

Remove the background layer and you have this...

1581568681491.png

Once you have all surfaces done you can print them on the clear decal paper

I don't think I could do all them decals.
I had already started doing the patterns in Corel.
One of the IPMSNSW members has one of the little plotters that can cut a Corel file.
So it will be masks I will cut and spray.
The blue lines will be finished on the side view of the AC.

I do my decals the same way, but the image is printed.
GB45-3_Macchi_C.205.jpg

Meeee tooooo!

However, thinking on it...... I have two ways I cam do this.
First the most difficult.Paint the light color. Mask, but I would have to cut the mask into postage stamp size sections with the cloud openings to paint green. This would mean I would have to cover the openings of the postage stamp size cracks, too fiddly.
Second, the easiest...... would be to paint it overall green! Then place the cloud part of the mask, simple, then spray the Light color.
Easy peasy................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back