GB-47 1/48 Focke Wulf TA-152 H-1 - WW2 D-Day and After – Western Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, back to the 152.... I have a great start on the engine a I am waiting on the PE panel (due to arrive Tuesday). The engine consists of 28 parts. Yeap, more than a few fiddly bits. I am a little over 1/3 of the way there so far. Overall, lovely molding. Here is a picture of my progress so far. One thing I have learned, no matter how carefully you handle things, those little sharp edges will get paint rubbed off. I am planning on doing a seal with Future on the engine after a couple of more steps.
Engine 2.jpg
Engine 1.jpg

Ok, is it me or are finding good pictures of the engine compartment on the 152 that difficult to find? Yes, it is not a plentiful bird, but still. Any one have any decent pics?

Hey, Geo, I did reply to the PM. Thanks so much. I found one or two shots that are going to really help me out. I am doing the drilling right now and it is going real slow. Teeny #80 drill and I will thread in some either 0.1mm, 0.2mm, or 0.3 mm lead wire from the engine rail on the left side and then some stretched sprue back into the fuse. Thank you so mush for the assist.

Ok, I managed to get all the damned teeny holes drilled in the engine frame and cabling / wiring done. I need to review where I can use any of the excess cabling on the engine, if any at all. I am down to continuing on with the engine build. BTW, I will NOT have any of the upper cowling open, so I am not terribly worried about the details of where to conclude the cabling. I think I also need to remove one of the
Engine mount with cabling.jpg
Engine with frame and cabling.jpg

"....remove one of the". The suspense is killing me!

By the way, not sure what Geo sent you but here;s a view up into the engine from the wheel well. You can always mash up some of the extra tubing and throw it in there.

post-516-1262702489.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back