GB-47 1/48 Focke Wulf TA-152 H-1 - WW2 D-Day and After – Western Front (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey, guys,
Ok, I have been picking away at the cockpit / engine assembly. I have been dbl checking the fit and ZM reference pictures the entire time. Here is a quick shot of where I am at right now. I need to touch up all the paint. I am thinking about a few ideas to reinforce the engine frame mounting, but not sure yet. Once that is done, fuselage assembly will start. So far things look good, but the fuse assembly will tell for sure. ZM does use a 3 piece fuse; two side pieces and then the belly piece. So, stay tuned.
Thanks for stopping by.

cockpit and engine assembly.jpg

It has been awhile since I updated anything here. Finally finished with the cockpit / engine assembly and all painting is touched up. Wiring is complete, but I have still not decided on opening the engine at all. I am dry fitting everything together right now. I hope to get the fuselage closed up today or tomorrow.
Started on the wing assembly. Again, double checking the fit of everything. So far, one lower wing glued up to the spar assembly. I clamped everything and am letting things dry for a few hours.
BTW, I did go back and re-read JKim's 152 build thread. I am sure hoping all the time double checking everything helps out with the engine cowls.

cockpit fuselage pieces.jpgWing Spar 1.jpg

Well, I should have known better. But, due to a self inflicted wound, I need to "disassemble" the fuselage. Therefore, this one will not be completed in time for the this GB. So, onto to the F6F-5 from Eduard for the next build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back