GB-50 1/48 P-47D-27-RE - Zombie Build

that's a bit of alright...!
 
Not happy with the paint, into a brake fluid bath she went.
 
It all stims from my HS Evolution air brush. I've had problems with it since I got it. Too much pressure and spitting paint. I was talking to Dale about it today and I called my supplier and spoke to them. Seems I had never taken the shipping cap of!!

20210722_133857.jpg

The cylender is the head with shipping cap on. I didn't know it was the shipping cap. took a couple sets of plyers to separate.
20210722_133917.jpg

Causes quite a mess.
20210722_134141.jpg

With the correct head on. Now we can try this $300 airbrush (well $308 but let's not quibble)
20210722_153437.jpg
20210722_133917.jpg
 
RTFM.....
Yeah I know right! But it didn't come with one
 
Okay, so I figure most all of you here know how to do this and most would prefer not to but here it is for those who may not know.

If you have a really screwed up paint or say you bought a kit that came chrome plated and you want to strip it. go to you local store and find the cheapest brake fluid you can find. Get a tube and place the kit or parts in and pour on the brake fluid. Let set a few hours and use a tooth brush to scrub it off. I left this in a few days and the wings came off so don't leave it too long normally 1 day or less (four hours should do most)

take the kit or parts and give a good soaking.

20210724_163514.jpg
20210724_163530.jpg
20210724_163602.jpg
20210724_165340.jpg
20210724_165513.jpg


properly dispose of the fluid!
 
Most interesting....:thumbright:
 
You could do a diorama now.....:)
Yeah sure, .......
 
I'll have to remember that trick
I let it soak too long and it disassembled a bit to much
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back