GB-50 1/48 Vickers Wellington Mk. III - Zombie Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Username: Crimea River
First name: Andy
Category: Judge – Non competing
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Trumpeter
Model Type: Vickers Wellington Mk. III
Aftermarket addons: Eduard Bomb Bay Detail Set, lots of scratch building.

This build will continue the long and detail-oriented work started in GB#40 to depict aircraft s/n X3763 coded KW-L of 425 "Alouette" Squadron RCAF at the time of her crash on the night of 14/15 April 1943.

20181107_110600_001-jpg.jpg

The original build thread can be found here: GB-40 1/48 Vickers Wellington Mk. III - Heavy Hitters III. The build stopped when I ran out of time to finish within the GB deadline, which happens a lot in my case. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it this time but no guarantees.

No progress has been made since the last post in the original build thread and I will add progress pics as and when stuff happens.

At first, reading this zombie build intro, I wondered why you wern't able to build in 3 months? Then I looked through the GB-40 postings. Wow! Research/detailing/more research/m ore detailing.... How did you get that much done in just 3 months? Really looking forward to the final. A master builder at work to say the least.

Thanks Ralph. I also don't spend a lot of time at the bench in the summer months so this one may still be a challenge to finish.

This being spring I will most likely be unable to spend as much bench time as I want either. Winter, usually not cold buy rainy, allows some indoors bench time. Summers are almost like the winter in outdoors time, but hot and humid instead. I thank the A/C guy, Carrier, every year! As they say here in central Texas, the seasons are: hot, hotter, hottest, not as hot.

Haven't even looked at this one guys and so will declare defeat. Will save for Zombie Redux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back