GB-53 1:48 LaGG-3 - Eastern Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, for looking in and you comments.
So back onner, cockpit and skis.
From the spare barts bins.
!. Gear leg and ski mount test fit.
2. The skis have a gas strut attached to keep the ski from flopping around.
I am assuming. Who knows where they came from.
2b. I have bent to fit in place. Good find for where they need to go!!!
3. Is a pitot tube I will do some reshaping for the left side of the pilot seat.
Could be the gear lever or something.
4. There is another lever on the right of the pilot set, who knows what?
I'll do some filing onner to look sorta like it needs to!
GB53-11.jpg

Here I have mounted the gear leg "pocket"?
This is a Godhand cutting glass, A5 size. The grid is printed on the backside.
Taped the skis on a N.S. axis to align. Put a rod thru to align on the E.W. axis.
Only the left mount is attached, when set I will move the other into place and attach it!
Then them gas struts.....
GB53-12.jpg

Mainly aligning the skis, in the proper stanve.
GB53-13.jpg

Showing extra pieces from spares.
GB53-14.jpg

Once again using the glass plate I aligned the taped up fuselage and taped down the tail ski.
GB53-15.jpg

All is aligned without attaching landing gear legs to wings so I can add the gas struts to skis and legs. I hope.

The secret word for scratch building I learned from Rodney Williams too many years ago is
I N O V A T I O N !
Takes it to the limits. You absolutely need something with a grid pattern to ALIGN crap!

Thanks for lookin in!

The secret word for scratch building I learned from Rodney Williams too many years ago is
I N O V A T I O N !
Takes it to the limits. You absolutely need something with a grid pattern to ALIGN crap!

Thanks for lookin in!
And a wee bit of talent.

So dreamin some more this arvo..................
Looks like these little Hot Rods had Vary pistols... but of course I had to put one in.
Also some kinda lever on the right side of the pilot seat, a spare joy stick did the trick.
Now that the legs are set in the skis I can attach the gas struts and know they will be in the right position.
I added a guage like thingy to the top of the bottle and a piece of stretched sprue for a tube.
I have found that the liquid Tamiya glue applied to the sprue will soften it so you can bend without breaking!!!
It goes on!
GB53-16.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back