GB 53 Starts Feb 1 - Watcha Got? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

looking at a 1/32 Special Hobby fiat G-50 "Blue 6" of Oiva Tuominen

Fiat G-50_Blue 6a.jpg

Maybe the same project and pilot as Wayne, but coded "white 5" in 1942... Heuuu in 1/48 scale with the Hasegawa/Secter model kit :)
Or maybe a Yak-9 (ICM) or Yak-3 (Zvezda) "Normandie-Niemen", or a Yak-1b (Modelsvit), or a La-7 (Eduard/Gavia), or....................................... 🤔🙄
:)

Just recently retired so with downsizing and moving haven't had time to do much. So thinking of jumping in here doing a Finnish Lysander

Attachments

• 76AEA249-D353-44F2-B589-CABADCC231AE.jpeg
    76AEA249-D353-44F2-B589-CABADCC231AE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 5FEF6B68-4BED-40B8-92E4-6A5476B8D11B.jpeg
    5FEF6B68-4BED-40B8-92E4-6A5476B8D11B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 19
I have very little knowledge of the Eastern Front aircraft and even less of the Soviet side. Just clicking through my favorite shops looking for inspiration, I found this.
ZVE7301__90948.1566228284.jpg

This is the Zvezda Yak 3 snap in 1/72.
cockpit1 (3).jpg

When I saw this, I was hooked. Having a crew member really should be a standard part in kits. It can't be expensive, because this is a $12 kit. This looks like a very popular choice, so I will be inspired to do my best.

Hello,

I'm getting ready to start my GB 53 build, and Fw189, 1/72 scale.

I have seen and read Wayne's pdf regarding the photo requirements for judging. I've also seen various other threads for GB53 with modelers showing parts on the sprues, the model box, decals, whatever. I know that progress photos of the build are encouraged, but is there a mandatory list of required "build" photos - sprues, box, other materials? Also, what is the required entrant identification material - Name, skill degree, etc.? I can see what the others have done so far, and I'm sure they are leading by example. Please move this inquiry to the proper place, if necessary.

I'm looking forward to this, and things have warmed up a bit (might be the start of Boise's annual false spring) so I can get some outdoor (paint spraying) processes done.

Thanks for all your help!

bdefen

Welcome to the GB and glad you plan to join. There is no requirement to photos of box tops or sprue shots. Some do it but it's not mandatory. The only real requirement for posting is to follow the thread title format and start your first post with the formatted user name, model type, etc. If you don't do this properly, Wojtek gets very upset and will throw some perogies at you.

Progress shots aren't just encouraged but are required to show that you are actually building your model and not commissioning Wayne to do it for you. It's your choice what experience level to enter but hardly anyone choses beginner.

Hopefully more questions are covered here: Modellers Wanted! Group Build Invitation

Hello,

I'm getting ready to start my GB 53 build, and Fw189, 1/72 scale.

I have seen and read Wayne's pdf regarding the photo requirements for judging. I've also seen various other threads for GB53 with modelers showing parts on the sprues, the model box, decals, whatever. I know that progress photos of the build are encouraged, but is there a mandatory list of required "build" photos - sprues, box, other materials? Also, what is the required entrant identification material - Name, skill degree, etc.? I can see what the others have done so far, and I'm sure they are leading by example. Please move this inquiry to the proper place, if necessary.

I'm looking forward to this, and things have warmed up a bit (might be the start of Boise's annual false spring) so I can get some outdoor (paint spraying) processes done.

Thanks for all your help!

bdefen
Just make sure Wayne includes the "progress" photos.

Welcome to the GB and glad you plan to join. There is no requirement to photos of box tops or sprue shots. Some do it but it's not mandatory. The only real requirement for posting is to follow the thread title format and start your first post with the formatted user name, model type, etc. If you don't do this properly, Wojtek gets very upset and will throw some perogies at you.

Progress shots aren't just encouraged but are required to show that you are actually building your model and not commissioning Wayne to do it for you. It's your choice what experience level to enter but hardly anyone choses beginner.

Hopefully more questions are covered here: Modellers Wanted! Group Build Invitation
All this time and I could have commissioned Wayne to build it for me. Danggggggg.... Wayne, Wayne

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back