GB 54 Pacific Theater Starts May 1 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PM sent Ralph

1ab.jpg

As far as I can see Ralph, all the RAAF Beaufighter TFs were flown in Europe by the RAAF but under RAF control. If it was an RAAF aircraft the tail number would start wit A8-, or A19-.

Hello,

I would like participate and there are 2 options for me: P-40F R. B. Westbrook or A6M5 "early" T. Iwamoto probable/possible
View attachment 666109View attachment 666110
:)
Hello,

Very little motivation for this project; I wanted to go for the AMtech P-40F/L model kit (AMtech489202) but I'm afraid that getting started on this build will take me too much time: cutting out for the resin nose with all the necessary adjustment, puttying and re-engraving work that it will have to do. However, it makes me want because I finally got the markings (Still tank you Andy :) ).
As we say at home: "La nuit porte conseil / the night brings advice"
In addition, I am finishing an La-7 but having given bad information :facepalm::|:flushed::frowning: to a friend here to have the markings, they will not go because the shape is not the right one and it's completly my fault :banghead:. So, I searched another solution and I ordered a decal sheet that I recently discovered which could interested those who would like to build La-5Fs/FNs or La-7s => APC Decals 48133 "Lavochkin bort numbers". Maybe APC decals read my post here decals for La-5F/FN :lol:
I hope to take a decision in the few days to come (so, several nights to bring advice...!!! :lol: )

Now that it's looking like I might actually finish the MS 410 I've started thinking about this GB. I have a lot to choose from in the stash that would fit. Right now I'm thinking maybe a P-40E with Aleutian Tiger markings.
I have an AMT 1/48th P-40E and the tiger decals from the old Otaki P-40 kit.. I also have the 1/72nd Academy P-40E that comes with the tiger decals.
I won't finish the MS 410 until next week and will probably change my mind by then

OK, finally found the pic of this aircraft....

Apparently there is one photo of this aircraft though no one is sure if its white or yellow. I need to find that photo

I'm going with the yellow parts in front as NMF replacements. Thoughts will be appreciated when I post the pic. I think the fuselage band may be yellow instead of white but hard to tell in the photo. Should be able to get the thread started shortly

Greetings friends! Sorry for late inquiry. I have been traveling and away from home for a while. I consider entering this GB with a subject from Soviet-Japanese War. It should be fine but I just wanted to double check if it is permissible to do so. The aircraft will be the following.

1659430131504.png

Deputy commander of the 47IAP, I.A. Vishnyakov next to his Yak-9M at the Kamen'-Rybolov Airfield (Russian Far East), early August 1945.

From August 9 to 17, he completed 9 sorties, but had no enemy aircraft shot down. During one of the attacks, he was hit and, with difficulty, he was able to bring the burning plane to the airfield.

Thank you!

CZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back