**** DONE: GB-54 1:48 SBD-3 - Pacific Theater

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nasty Bill and gave me a flash back to my Zombie GB. I put it back in the box

1655643219949.png

Come on now guys, this one's easy peasy. All you need is some 3-in-1 oil, some gauze pads, about 10 quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State, and of course.... ball bearings.

R.jpg

I will try Stacking all the glass open in the center.
Only thing is, the cockpit canopy glass is too thick to fit Over the top of the gunners retracted glass.
Do I try and file and sand the cockpit glass thinner??????
OMG!
This is a real let down this stage of the build!
Does it cost That much more to mold kit parts that FIT????????

Calling Wurger Wurger I think we're all curious about the "easy" fix.

Well, I don't know what's happening with these kits!!!!!
Then may attention went to the canopy glass!
Now WTF is it with the gunners rear glass????
How do I get That to fit? Ideas??????
View attachment 674250View attachment 674251
I'm stumped!

Either sanding down the fuselage sides at the rear slightly or take a piece of clear polystyrene and bend a new "glass" by warming. Actually the current part is fit for moulding.
If you get cold feet about warming you always may try to find a clear plastic box, bottle , etc .. and cut out a part of a correct shape.

But ... actually it fits correctly. There was a such "step" between the fuselage and the canopy part. So the area has been shaped for the SBD-3 quite well. As a result the problem has been caused by incorrect setting of the canopy part in Bill's pics. It can be noticed that if the part is moved more back in order to get the top edge of the fuselage the fitting is better.
If it would be my model I would make from scratch the thin canopy slides with slightly protruding plates at the ending that could be glued to the bottom of the glass part. In the way the glass could be stuck at the three ponts without any changing.

sbd_3_a.jpg

sbd_3_a1.jpg

sbd_3_b.jpg

sbd_3_e.jpg

sbd_3_c.jpg

sbd_3_d.jpg

The work of our member Witold Jaworski is spectacular and priceless ...

0050-05.jpg

the source; SBD Dauntless (from scratch)

0059-03.jpg

0059-10.jpg

the source: Witold Jaworski's Content - Page 4 - Britmodeller.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back