**** DONE: GB-54 1:48 Mitsubishi J2M - Pacific Theatre (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Camo done, some touch-ups to due to me being in a rush and not rechecking the tape. Paint used, Tamiya XF-12, J.N. Grey/XF-11, J.N. Green and for the NMF, I used Vallejo Metal Color 77.716, Semi Matt Aluminum. Right or wrong, I like it

IMG_2300.JPG

IMG_2303.JPG

Screenshot 2022-07-14 230347.jpg

I'll see if I can get a decent pic Andy. I just went down and checked this aircraft and other aircraft from various GBs, Ki-44, B6N2 and two CF-104s and the Semi Matt Aluminum looks a bit grainier than the Vallejo White Aluminum and Chrome

Been using the Vallejo Metal Colors for a bit noe and I really like them. their exhaust manifold is in my opinion just the right heugh.

I'll see if I can get a decent pic Andy. I just went down and checked this aircraft and other aircraft from various GBs, Ki-44, B6N2 and two CF-104s and the Semi Matt Aluminum looks a bit grainier than the Vallejo White Aluminum and Chrome
Thanks Geo. If it's granier than other paints then that pretty much answers my question.

One side decalled up with Tamiya's bullet proof product. I even tried Solvaset on these....nada. Plain old hot water and cloth did the trick, just barely. The sharp eye will notice that I cut back the NMF on the right wing. The more I looked at it the more I realized it was wrong. I found a set of plans and sho nuff, Tamiya missed a panel line.

IMG_2316.JPG

Untitled.jpg

I hope to have the decals finished and standing before I head back to camp tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back