**** DONE: GB-54 1:48 Mitsubishi J2M - Pacific Theatre

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice... :)

And one more shot of the 3D-1164 ...

ed1164.jpg

and the 3D-180 taking off ...

ed180.jpg

You are right. I have paid my attention to the painting detail going through the couple of B&W films for the Raiden. A couple of them had a, quite narrow, light band ( IMHO of the yellow ) on the fuselage in front of the tail. But none of them had the yellow fin tip. Also, most of them had the gun type 99-2 mounted as the inner one. But it looks like the armament could be as either outer or inner gun installed.

Don't know which is worse Andy, decals or molded version. Bouncing around a bit, this is Tamiya's version of the radio behind the pilot, one half per side. I'm not as talented as many when it comes to scratch building but I couldn't leave it alone. I got a few pieces of plastic card and some "L" shaped strip

IMG_2136.JPG

This is the difference, a bit over-size perhaps...

IMG_2138.JPG

I only have one shot of the radio and its not very good. What I think I see is 1,2,3 knobs close together. 4, a smaller knob and 5, a selector switch (?) Anyone know of a better pic?

Screenshot 2022-06-16 084037.jpg

Not much help Geo but I Googled a cutaway drawing of the Raiden and it shows the radio as a "Type 3 Aero Mk I Receiver-Transmitter Pack". Googling that, I found this PDF with pictures here on our site but the pic doesn't much look like what you have there.

Here's a pic from J2M3 Raiden (Jack) Photo Walk Around but I don't know how accurate it is.

muth_j2m_20.jpg

Attachments

• Japanese Aircraft Radio's TAIC Part 4.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 25
Thanks Vic. As I said, bouncing around, glued the wings together. Something on Japanese aircraft needs to be painted Aotake.

IMG_2141.JPG

Innards ready for painting. The object at the top is the antenna and part of the roll-over frame I think. I bored out the lightning holes.

IMG_2142.JPG

New scratch radio painted Tamiya XF-89 Dark Green and dry brushed with XF-67 Nato Green. Further weathered with Brown and Sepia artist pencils and quilters pencil

IMG_2143.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back