**** DONE: GB-54 1:48 Mitsubishi J2M - Pacific Theatre

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model: Mitsubishi J2M (Raiden-"Lightening Bolt") Kit #61018 (1973)
Scale: 1:48
Add-ons: Not sure yet

My entry is the J2M, Allied code-name, "Jack". This aircraft served with the 302nd Kaigun Kokutai.

Clipboard03.jpg

FOUND ON WEB WITH NO CREDITS
I've seen this as having a yellow or white nose and panels behind the exhausts.The same goes for the fuselage stripe. I'm seeing NMF for the front and no fuselage stripe. I'm also not seeing any wing cannons. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Good one Geo and yeah looks like a quickie. FWIW, that pic doesn't look to me like the subject had a white nose. NMF could be an option. The cannons do seem absent to me as well. I'm sure I can't find any more pics than you would already have access to.

Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model: Mitsubishi J2M (Raiden-"Lightening Bolt") Kit #61018 (1973)
Scale: 1:48
Add-ons: Not sure yet

My entry is the J2M, Allied code-name, "Jack". This aircraft served with the 302nd Kaigun Kokutai.

View attachment 672594
FOUND ON WEB WITH NO CREDITS
I've seen this as having a yellow or white nose and panels behind the exhausts.The same goes for the fuselage stripe. I'm seeing NMF for the front and no fuselage stripe. I'm also not seeing any wing cannons. Any thoughts?
Captured one?

You see more then i can. Not convinced but wrong before.
Now that captured one is one of the best looking aircraft i know of. Even if it is not allied it should have been. The star just fits like a glove on a pretty woman on a night out.

A p-47 that went to muscle beach and lost a few pounds to get in shape.

Not a great picture to judge from, nose more likely natural metal than yellow, and wingtip likely sun reflection.
The tail code would be helpful, don't have that pic in a couple of my Japanese books to review further...

So just the NMF nose then, easy-peasy. A quick check of the cowling/fuselage join shows a less than stellar fit. Almost all builds and profiles show a yellow tail fin tip but I can't quite make it out in the photo I posted if it is there at all. Many have said the tail code is "∃D-151" which I can do. Heading to camp shortly so I'll get to this when I get back

While still in the pondering mode and killing time, I started opening up the shell ejector ports, something I've never done before....a work in progress

1654725565175.png

Done for another week, one hour until bus. Have a good week gentlemen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back