GB-57 1/48 Messerschmitt Me 410B-6 - WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you all for checking in, Jamoliva, I think I'm going with the Model Master Acrylic which is the lighter of the colors. Going by what I have the IP and side consoles are black with the rest being the RLM 66 and the shade difference is quite distinct.

From Richard A. Franks Book "The Messerschmitt Me 410 Hornisse (inc. Me 210 & Me 310)" these are the cockpit arrangements and colors. As there are only tow to left in existents and only one on display, there is as can be seen little to work with. So color views are what they are.

I am going to use the Revell cockpit which I believe is quite good to start with and their PE dress up set saving the CMK set for another time and place (if I ever end up using it...

The following are from this site.

Last edited:
Good stuff Don. My thought about the CMK seats is that there seems to be no allowance for a parachute given there are cushions on the seat as well as the back rest. Something to look into.
Both the CMK and the kit seats have done this. I believe this was an issue from the one on display. I'll have to look and see if QB or Aires have a better option.

Both the CMK and the kit seats have done this. I believe this was an issue from the one on display. I'll have to look and see if QB or Aires have a better option.
The kit photos seem to show cushions only on the seat. I frankly don't remember what I did in this regard when I built mine. Will take a look.

The kit photos seem to show cushions only on the seat. I frankly don't remember what I did in this regard when I built mine. Will take a look.
Thanks Andy, I see the cousins in the photos but I have photos in books without the cousins and I think your point on parachutes is extremely valid. Found the Aries cockpit set and been eyeing it for a bit anyway, I can always decide not to do either.

Seller was asking $34.99 ($35) for this Ares cockpit, I made a $30 offer and he countered with a $28, so I took it, I mean what was I to do???????

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Yesterday I started to make a post with with shots from a book which I have permission from the publisher (Valiant Wing) to post. A Moderator pulled the almost as fast as I posted them. So what is the procedure, if any to do so?

Hi Donivan

We are OK with the use of page images as long as they are low resolution e.g. 420x600 pixels at 72# and are credited to Valiant Wings Publishing (a link to our website would be preferable).

Best wishes, VWP

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back