GB 57 question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

To start with, I think I'll have a go at this one, in my tradition of hating yellow but choosing planes with that colour on them:

Germany, P-51B-15-NA, 43-24825, T9+HK.jpg

This P-51B-15-NA (s/n 43-24825) nicknamed "Jerry" and assigned to Lt. Thomas E. Fraser of the 4th FG, 334th FS. It was lost in Cambrai, France, on June 6, 1944 and was tested by the Germans at Rechlin, before being transferred to the famous Zirkus Rosarius for training. It was lost on December 10, 1944. Artwork © Gaëtan Marie.
I found a set of Ventura decals for this subject in my stash- let's see if they're still good!
A friend near me has an airbrush that he has offered to loan me, so I will have a go with that rather than my usual rattle-can.
If I have time, I'll add another kite later.

Last edited:
I have two potential kits for this GB. One is an old ICM Spitfire Mk.XVI and the other is a Hasegawa Typhoon bubble top. Both would be RCAF service. The issue is really going to be available time as I am struggling to finish any GB projects these days.

Spain was considered Neutral during WW2 the Spanish Civil War ending in April 1939, WW2 officially declared in September 1939. So Spain would be a No Go

The Flying Tigers operated in defense of China from April 1941 and were amalgamated into the 23rd Fighter Group. USAAF in July 1942. Here the question is American planes flown by American Airmen in Chine. Is this meeting the true definition of the GB.

P.S. Sorry Don, just added a bit more in an amendment. :D

Last edited:
Spain was considered Neutral during WW2 the Spanish Civil War ending in April 1939, WW2 officially declared in September 1939.

The Flying Tigers operated in defense of China from April 1941 and were amalgamated into the 23rd Fighter Group. USAAF in July 1942. :D
All true, the AVG we're flying for the Chinese against the Japanese who were part of the Axis powers.

I'll concede the SCW

I like!!! Not many mustangs get my attention, but this is cool looking. I guess not so much on the bare metal? Go for it. ill be fun to watch your magic, assuming you'll only be doing one of them?
Like when have I ever done more, oh never mind 😇

Also been looking at US Spitfire V or XI or Me 410B in UK or Russian. Kittyhawk also on the shot list. AAAHHHHH I'M SO CONFUSED

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back