GB 57 question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Weren't there two South American countries at war with each other but not anyone else during WW II?
While not at war with each other, Mexico and Brazil did fly American aircraft during the war.

The Brazilian Air Force operated P-47s in Italy and the Mexican Air Force operated P-47s in the Pacific.

Ok so questions, Can anyone help to ID when this unit was captured? The Me 410B-6/R2, I need to confirm it was captured and tested in these colors with in the dates set for the GB, I believe it will fall with in the Sep 45 time frame of the war years, (US held the WWII end date Sep 46 during occupation forces, but what do I know).

Messerschmitt-Me-410B6-Hornisse-captured-with-FuG200-radar-1944-01-11.jpg

You considering this 1/32 (Hasegawa)? Interesting that the markings are a bit different on the tail and front fuselage? The web thread does speculate that this kite had parts, and coloring's, from RAF units. A weird bird at the least.

View attachment 703911
View attachment 703912
Thank you Ralph! Yes, I am aware of this aircraft. Unfortunately, there is both a lack of information and absence of a firm agreement on the colors of the TAF Fw 190s. My assumption and opinions of people who I follow on this issue point to the fact that all of these aircraft were indeed in 74/75/76 scheme. However, there were some cases where there were some differences. Please see the pictures Wurger Wurger posted in the past here. For example, the color of the earlier Arado built Fw 190 Aa-3s seem to be a bit darker in the photos (see #11 and #12) which lead to some to claim that these were in 02/71 or 70/71 color schemes. The case of the #37 is sometimes used to support those claims. Apparently, as some aircraft became unserviceable in time, they were used for spare parts for others and many times mostly repainted in RAF colors that TAF had in field stocks. The tail section of #37 is such a case. The most accepted view is that it had the colors of Tolga Ulgur's model. There is actually at least one #28 which was repainted in the same RAF colors in its entirety. However, the cowling colors of #37 are a big unknown. Both light greys seem different shades of RLM 75 to me. The darker grey on the cowling reminds me of the earlier batch of Arado made aircraft. Is the darker grey there something other than RLM 74? I am not sure. Anyway, the reason I choose #39 and #41 is that they look almost the same. And if you really look carefully you can see a straight line on the cowling between the RLM 76 and another slightly darker color (which many claims to be RLM 02). That means these aircraft might have had all their sides covers with a layer of RLM 02 and over it had mottling of another darker color (many believes a shade of green, RLM 70 perhaps?). Anyway that is how I want to built the #41. Hopefully, I am not wrong. :D

Last edited:
Ok so questions, Can anyone help to ID when this unit was captured? The Me 410B-6/R2, I need to confirm it was captured and tested in these colors with in the dates set for the GB, I believe it will fall with in the Sep 45 time frame of the war years, (US held the WWII end date Sep 46 during occupation forces, but what do I know).

View attachment 703934

Messerschmitt Me 410 B-6 WNr 410208 with air to surface FuG 200 Hohentweil radar coded RAF AM74 captured at Vaerlose, Denmark. So if Denmark it should be 1945.

PS. yep... W.Nummer 410208 ... captured on 8th May 1945 and tested by RAF in Farnborough in September 1945. The kite was made by the Messerschmitt Augsburg factory on 5th September 1944 with the code SX+DQ and belonged to the Seenotgruppe 80.

Good to see enthusiasm building for this GB . Here's what I'm hoping to joi in with

IMG_20230126_161600.jpg

It's the Academy Gustav mould with a Special Hobby sprue with the parts to make a Dora. There are 4 marking options for Rumanian, Slovakian, Hungarian and Bulgarian machines.

IMG_20230126_161640.jpg

IMG_20230126_161717.jpg

Looking forward to getting into this one when the time comes.

Cheers Greg 👍

Good to see enthusiasm building for this GB . Here's what I'm hoping to joi in with

View attachment 704029

It's the Academy Gustav mould with a Special Hobby sprue with the parts to make a Dora. There are 4 marking options for Rumanian, Slovakian, Hungarian and Bulgarian machines.

View attachment 704030

View attachment 704031

Cheers Greg 👍
Love it

View attachment 704029

View attachment 704030

View attachment 704031

Cheers Greg 👍

If we were voting? My vote would be for 'C' and 'A' second choice. Wish I would have found this kit earlier. Special Hobby seems to have upped their game on molding quality. Will be interesting to see this build in action.

Have to ask. Would this qualify? A french craft flown by the Vichy government. A masking challenge to be sure, but what a fun one to display.

From one retailer: A model of the WW2 French ground-attack airplane, the kit consists of three grey styrene sprues, one sprue with clear parts, polyurethane resin details and a full-color instruction booklet. The decal sheet caters for three Vichy-operated machines, one of them as flown in 1941, the other two of the post-armistice period.

sh72399_breguet_br695ab_camoa_z3_1024x1024.jpg

If we were voting? My vote would be for 'C' and 'A' second choice. Wish I would have found this kit earlier. Special Hobby seems to have upped their game on molding quality. Will be interesting to see this build in action.
It's going to be difficult to choose. I am leaning towards the Hungarian or Bulgarian options but haven't decided for definite yet🤔

View attachment 704029

View attachment 704030

View attachment 704031

Cheers Greg 👍
Great choice and for me it would be "A" or "C" just for that little national colours paint challenge. :D

Went and had a shufti through the stash. I will do them as numbered. I'm not sure how old the Eduard kits I have are; if they are the older ones that are a struggle to close everything up or newer. They are Weekend kits. I don't want to waste time trying to close hatches so if they don't fit closed perfectly they will remain open

Yea! The banana won! Not to sure I'm keen on the blueberry though. But they 'are' your kits...
🤠

Users who are viewing this thread

Back