GB 57 question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This GB will include aircraft carrying the markings of a capturing country provided that the capture actually occurred. No "What-ifs" will be allowed. This text is from the GB thread, so seems legit. How complex is this paint scheme?

Is an aircraft that was left intact after capitulation really captured? But you know what, it would be great to see a Me262 in the build.

Is an aircraft that was left intact after capitulation really captured? But you know what, it would be great to see a Me262 in the build.
Hi Andy, yes it was captured and flight tested by the RAF before being given to USAAF before the end of hostilities, I think. There's options for both in the kit.

This GB will include aircraft carrying the markings of a capturing country provided that the capture actually occurred. No "What-ifs" will be allowed. This text is from the GB thread, so seems legit. How complex is this paint scheme?
Here's the scheme from the instructions:
IMG_20230206_105943.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Something easy. 1:72.
Curtiss Hawk 75 in foreign markings?
Curtiss Hawk 75A-6 "439", Royal Norwegian Air Force. They were based at Kjeller Airbase, Norway, March 1940. Seven of 19 were partially assembled before being captured during the German invasion.

Curtiss Hawk 75A 6 Norwegian

Nr447

Hmmmm. Something easy. 1:72.
Curtiss Hawk 75 in foreign markings?
Curtiss Hawk 75A-6 "439", Royal Norwegian Air Force. They were based at Kjeller Airbase, Norway, March 1940. Seven of 19 were partially assembled before being captured during the German invasion.

Curtiss Hawk 75A 6 Norwegian

:thumbleft::thumbright:

Very interesting, this particular aircraft will become later the mount of Kyosti Karhila, a Finnish ace with about 32 victories of which 8 or 9 were claimed with H75 CU(w)-560, former Norvegian "439"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back