GB 58 and beyond (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What, like this one? 😁

08A09D64-6389-4AC3-8755-CF92F8483DDA.jpeg

What's a decent 1/48 Phantom kit btw Donivanp Donivanp ?
Depends on what you want,
f-4B 1) Tamiya 2) Academy 3) Hasegawa
F-4C/D 1) ZM 2) Academy 3) Hasegawa 2.5-3) Monogram (old but accurate)
F-4E 1) ZM 2) Meng 3)Hasegawa
F-4F Hasegawa or convert ZM E
F-4G (see F-4F)
F-4G (USN) (See F-4B)
F-4J 1) ZM 2) Academy 3) Hasegawa 2.5-3) Monogram
British Hasegawa
F-4EJ Hasegawa or convert ZM E

Depends on what you want,
f-4B 1) Tamiya 2) Academy 3) Hasegawa
F-4C/D 1) ZM 2) Academy 3) Hasegawa 2.5-3) Monogram (old but accurate)
F-4E 1) ZM 2) Meng 3)Hasegawa
F-4F Hasegawa or convert ZM E
F-4G (see F-4F)
F-4G (USN) (See F-4B)
F-4J 1) ZM 2) Academy 3) Hasegawa 2.5-3) Monogram
British Hasegawa
F-4EJ Hasegawa or convert ZM E

Thanks - got to be honest, apart from the RAF/FAA variants, I don't know my way round the different Phantoms! Research required!

Thanks - got to be honest, apart from the RAF/FAA variants, I don't know my way round the different Phantoms! Research required!
Indeed
F-4N is a modified upgrade of the B and an S is the same of the J. USN and USMC operated the B, J, N and S. USAF operated the C,D, E, G. The Germans had the F and the Japanese had the EJ. The British F-4K & M and some S that the bought as replacements for losses. K & M used the Spey instead of the GE J-79 engines and were not as fast as the other series.

The USAF F-110A were borrowed USN F-4B's while the Air Force ordered a modified B type (major changes were a fatter low air pressure main tire requiring a bulged wing and flight controls for the GIB Guy in Back)
The first fully USAF Phantom's were the D. A lot of changes were incorporated but externally they can be difficult to distinguish from a C, the IR sensor under the radome is the main external difference.

The E, F , G & EJ are all from the same line long nose Phantoms. E, F & EJ are the only gun produced phantoms, G's are E's that had the gun removed to install special ECM gear and are the Wild Weasel variants (some C's noted unofficially as EF-4C's also were Weasels) The German F's did not carry the Sparrow missile and I can't recall if they had flight control in the back.

RF-4's were the B (USMC) and C (USAF). The B came in two batches, early and late, early had the thin high pressure tires, to get replacements for lost aircraft the USMC ordered more but they came with the bulged wings and thick tires.

B/N all save for just mentioned had the thin wing and tires. All other Phantom versions had bulged wings and wide tires.

There's a quickie start!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back