GB 58 night fighters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
May 1st is the beginning of the GB 58 which is an open era night fighter build.

"GB 58 - Night Fighters All Eras - May 1, 2023 to Sept 3, 2023

This theme includes aircraft of any era used in the night-fighter role. Bombers operating at night are excluded, unless the subject is a bomber that has been converted to a fighter (e.g Ju88 or Do217). The entry can be an aircraft specifically designed for the role (e.g. He-219 or P-61) or one that was adapted for it (e.g. Bf-110, Beaufighter). The entry must reflect the aircraft as it was used in the night-fighting role (for example, a Bf-110 in Battle of Britain markings is not allowed)."

Now shortly after WWII the concept of night fighter was discontinued in favor of all weather fighter versus day fighter, by the end of Vietnam most all fighters were all weather and the difference between day and night was dropped.

I'm looking at an F-4D which was assigned to the 497th TFS Ubon AB Thailand and all the squadrons aircraft were paint black on the bottom and used for night operations. Also possible F-111F of the 48th TFW Libyan raid or F-117, what is the consensus on these options?

Sure.

cat-chase-dog.gif

ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/497th-tfs-night-owls-f-4d-s-n-66-7613.44122/

You probably have all these!

ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/497th-tfs-night-owls-f-4d-s-n-66-7613.44122/

You probably have all these!
Yes sir and several books to boot, but thank you indeed.

Hello, we are almost operational in these parts, I already have half the belongings placed...
for this we will start with a single model, and it will be the northrop p-61 b/c at 1/48 from revell.
Reviewing the list of models that I have to decide only for the p61 that needs to do all the interior to half detail it, repaneling that it needs, I have thought better of it and although I do not rule it out, I will decide between the following models that are the ones that I have to do:
p 61, me110g, arado ar232 b2, me 262 u2, he 219, fw 154, f6 f 2, f4u 2, beaufighter,

Last edited:
We are already warming up engines, yesterday I did the maintenance to the compressor, to the airbrushes, today it's time to finish installing and start making the paint chamber.

I am still to decide which model i will do, the TA 154 I discard it since it is vacuoform, the dragon kit that I had in the transfer has been lost along with 12 models..

We are already warming up engines, yesterday I did the maintenance to the compressor, to the airbrushes, today it's time to finish installing and start making the paint chamber.

I am still to decide which model i will do, the TA 154 I discard it since it is vacuoform, the dragon kit that I had in the transfer has been lost along with 12 models..
That's not good Sergio, was it the removal people or were they mislaid somewhere.

Hello,

I hope to join this GB#58, my options could be a Beaufighter Mk.If, a Mosquito NF Mk.XIX, a Hurricane Mk.IIc or a Bf 110G-4, all in 1/48 scale...
In this list the only model that I don't have in my display cases is the Mosquito ! So, I think it will be the chosen one ! :evil4::)

Mosquito looks like the way to go Steph, luck you have display room, I'm at the stage now where I have to boot something out to make room for my latest creation. :D

Mosquito looks like the way to go Steph, luck you have display room, I'm at the stage now where I have to boot something out to make room for my latest creation. :D
Now Mr. Vic I've told you how to fix that issue! It involves the truck a a stuck acclarator while backing towards the house! Trust me!

My choice a Yorktown F6F-3N of course.
I'll be using two kits, Eduard 1/48th F6F-3 for the quality of the kit.
Hobby Boss F6F-3N not just for the ra-dome, but I here it has some better details, it was cheap!
I haven't given them a good look yet. Today I will, build starts tomorrow for the Southern end!
Again, custom decals for the attached NF squadron markings.
GB58-03.jpgGB58-01.jpgGB58-02.jpg
Been looking thru the instructions, is that cheating????
Seems the HB kit has engine mounts, fire wall, oil tank etc. But when buttoned up it's all covered?!
EDU kit is just the old lump mounted engine. Wondering if I can transplant? Both seem to have nice engines.
Cutting panels out is my bidness!!!!! I feel FUN coming on.

Last edited:
That's not good Sergio, was it the removal people or were they mislaid somewhere.
The truth is that I do not know what has happened the case that the Me 110 g night fighter of Eduard that I had is not in the warehouse either, I am looking in other places that I have more things yet to place but does not appear..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back