GB-60 1/72 Dornier Do-26 - Zombie Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I just about have the two front engine nacelles the same shape and profile along with some brass tube for exhausts. Wings are getting close to completion. I also cut off the elevators however. The line on the underside between the elevator and stabilizer does not line with the one on top which resulted in a pretty nasty cut which needs to be repaired. Yuck ! Just for a break I 'll put the wings and stabilizers on the back burner and work on the interior which needs a ton of clean up. Shame really but the inside of the fuselage has some great detail but marred by poor molding which kind of obscures a lot of it. Fortunately I guess most of it will be hidden when the fuselage is closed up. I came across a Vacu-formed canopy on E Bay which I ordered. The kit glass is thick, peppley and not very clear ! Tried Future on it, made it worse. At this point I'm not sure If I'll meet the deadline but I'll give it a go.

Do26 (39)r.jpg

Do26 (41)r.jpg

Do26 (38)r.jpg

Do26 (40)r.jpg

Remember that scene in The Pink Panther when Chief Inspector Dreyfus finally flips his lid ?? Decided I needed a break from ill fitting engine nacelles and took it ! Work on the cockpit. Oh and just for comic relief included is both sides of the extensive instruction manual !!

Do26 (47)r.jpg

Do26 (45)r.jpg

instruction1.jpg

instruction2.jpg

Last edited:
Interior stuff. Not very accurate but busy looking enough. Not only that but my Clear-Vax canopy showed up this morning. Has two cockpit canopies, civilian and military along with the side blisters and the front turret. As I mentioned. The kit supplied clear parts are seriously beyond hope ! I don't think I'll ask for an extension because even with it I'm not sure I can finish this on time. Too many other distractions.

Do26 (48)r.jpg

Do26 (51)r.jpg

Do26 (52)r.jpg
clearvax.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back