GB-61 1/48 Kawanishi N1K2-J Shidenkai (George) - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Username: le_steph40
First name: Steph
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Hasegawa 09663
Model: Kawanishi N1K2-J Shidenkai (George) 301st Hikotai "Shinsengumi"
Scale: 1/48
Addons: SBS Model 48027 1/48 cockpit set and Montex SM48049 canopy masks

The kit
1717_rn.jpg

In the box

And addons
2653_rd.jpg
35516_rd.jpg

Hello,
The cockpit is ready to be installed in the fuselage. I chose a color close to FS34127 a little faded. It seems that the color behind components were in this shade (FS34127/FS34097). The FS34258 that we often see seems to me the original color very faded/weathered. But that's just my interpretation :)
DSCN7566.JPGDSCN7567.JPGDSCN7568.JPGDSCN7569.JPGDSCN7571.JPGDSCN7574.JPGDSCN7577.JPG

Hasegawa notes that the access hatch behind the cockpit on the starboard side for the raft need to be deleted for the wide chord fin variant (the one I'm building). It's clear that the narrow variant had this access hatch but I couldn't find anything on the subject regarding the wide variant. Any infos about it please ?
I haven't the Aero Detail #26...!!! :shock:😭😁

Last edited:
I have several book on the Shiden but they are in Japanese so not sure what I am looking for. They have line drawings but they show the upper left side and lower left side on the same drawing

Hi Steph,
good start, nice cockpit.
I'm surprised that you use vinyl masks which are more difficult than kabuki ones.
I looked at my doc, but I don't have this part of the fuselage for the version that interests you on my plan (Maru Mechanic 43 11/1983), so for the hatch I don't know....I'll look in my books today if I have a beautiful photo that shows this place.
I think you can trust Hasegawa. There is a fairly learned Japanese person on this forum, you could ask him.

Hello,

Hi Steph,
good start, nice cockpit.
I'm surprised that you use vinyl masks which are more difficult than kabuki ones.
I looked at my doc, but I don't have this part of the fuselage for the version that interests you on my plan (Maru Mechanic 43 11/1983), so for the hatch I don't know....I'll look in my books today if I have a beautiful photo that shows this place.
I think you can trust Hasegawa. There is a fairly learned Japanese person on this forum, you could ask him.
Pascal,
I didn't succeed to find Eduard or Dead Design Models (I prefer) available in stock. So, it will be Montex :)
Maybe we can trust Hasegawa but I wanted a confirmation because I thought this hatch appeared from the N1K2-J model (independently the narrow or wide chord fin variant).
I removed that same panel in my 1/32 build years ago, I will have to check a couple of references....
And it's the problem Wayne, I found the 2 versions (with and without this panel hatch for this wide chord fin variant) on the web.
In my docs, as Evan noticed, I also only found plans of port side views. The profiles are sometimes with and sometimes without this hatch... :shock:

Well, for the moment, the cockpit is in the fuselage and we don't see much anymore when it's closed :rolleyes:
DSCN7581.JPGDSCN7582.JPGDSCN7584.JPGDSCN7585.JPGDSCN7586.JPGDSCN7587.JPG
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back